Post your Chick Pictures Here!!!

I put my 15 RSL and 5 BA on the ground this morning for the first time, notice the LS panel with the chicken wire, i pulled the wire up enough for the little one to get out, but the big ones could not get in, after awhile, they started mingling with the big ones, when the big hens would start picking on them,they would run back to safety behind the panel, by late afternoon, they were sharing shade under the coop. Then one of the little rsl chicks ran over to where a big br hen was dusting and pecked it on the side of it,s head, that was the end to the peace treaty for awhile. But all in all, the day ended on a good note, tomorrow they go out together, and John the rabbit is taking all of this in.( bottom left)

Meet my three new babies: Elsa, Lily and Ladybug. First day with dirt and leaves. Super exciting when you're a baby chicken! :)

We let our chicks outside yesterday but they didn't venture out until today. They are living the outdoors! They are 6 weeks old this week.

I put my 15 RSL and 5 BA on the ground this morning for the first time, notice the LS panel with the chicken wire, i pulled the wire up enough for the little one to get out, but the big ones could not get in, after awhile, they started mingling with the big ones, when the big hens would start picking on them,they would run back to safety behind the panel, by late afternoon, they were sharing shade under the coop. Then one of the little rsl chicks ran over to where a big br hen was dusting and pecked it on the side of it,s head, that was the end to the peace treaty for awhile. But all in all, the day ended on a good note, tomorrow they go out together, and John the rabbit is taking all of this in.( bottom left)
I have joined my baby chicks with the older chics at night when they go to bed and separate in early morning. I let it get a little later each morning and put them away a little earlier each night till I get them to merge.. It works for me.

My chicks just got into their coop after being in the brooder for way too long. They'll be kept in for the next week or so and then they'll be free to roam! The run is 12 x 6 x 6 and the coop is 5 x 5 x 5. I think that's a decent size for now but hoping to make the run a bit bigger over time.

Back
Top Bottom