Post your Chick Pictures Here!!!

My new Orlandsk Dwarf

Nice birds. I like the pencil patterned birds myself. Do you worry about their feet with those rocks? I bet you keep your eye out for injuries, scrapes and bumblefoot. My birds are at the age where they chase each other around the pen, but mine are confined only and I use construction grade sand in the run. Did you name yours?

So - while smoking out a potential broody with ceramic eggs, I noticed someone laid a sneaky egg in the nest. For grins, I took it and threw it the 'bator to test my abilities to artificially hatch. About a week later, convinced my broody was committed, I set seven eggs under her. Those I'm still waiting on. Meanwhile, say hello to my first 'bator baby, born today:

New to the site. I work for a feed store and after playing with chicks all this spring i decided i wanted some so i am in the process of converting my dog pen into a chicken run. I picked up 4 Turkens, 2 Showgirls, 2 Barnyard mixes and 1 Frizzle. Unfortunately in the process of adjusting my only Barred Rock NN stuck it's neck too far through the cage mesh and my dog took that oppurtunity to yank her out. After a tough night she gave up the fight so i am now down to 8 birds. Luckily the breeder is giving me a replacement for free that i will be picking up this week sometime. I am also looking at picking up 2 Mille Fleur d'uccle this week so i can have some more variety. Luckily i can only have 4 birds so after weeding out the roo's and any possible winter time fatalities i am hoping to end up with 6-7 varying breed hens.

This incubator baby was born exactly one day before my broody's clutch started hatching. I snuck it under her during the hatch, and as you can see, she accepted it no problem. It got to enjoy some exclusive mommy time as the rest of the chicks were busy hatching.

Back
Top Bottom