post your chicken coop pictures here!

It looks like I have the same coop as kfisher, only mine doesn't look half as beautiful!

We bought ours off ebay. It's a 'cheap import'. This is it:

We made some modifications. I removed the tray and put a wedge in. To clean out, I only have to park the wheelbarrow in front of the coop and push everything out through the gap. I also bought window vents and put one on each side. They're permanantly open to allow for air circulation without letting draughts in.
This is the winter location. We get very strong winds here and that area is just behind the garage, so relatively sheltered.

This is it from the other side. I put a window in, so they can stay indoors during the day if they like. You can see the chicks all perched there looking out. They shouldn't be there for much longer before they move into their own accommodation. This coop is just for our three 'garden' birds. The others will be moving into the stable we're renovating.
Next Spring, I'd like to paint the outside. I had in mind cream and blue. I really like kfisher's design, so now I'm hesitating! It's had two coats of wood preservative, so I have time to decide.

Here is a view of the inside. Insulated, plyed, caulked and painted with high gloss. We relocated the perches into 'better' positions.

cool pics! keep em comin!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
This was really cool! Was your coop made to fit into that spot like that or did you just get lucky with something you bought? Either way it looks great!!!

Chris

Quote:
Thanks. It was lucky lol. We were going to put it the other way round, but measured and found it would just fit in like that, with the nestboxes hanging over nicely! It also meant the window wasn't onto a wall and makes it easy for dumping leaves into the run.

Back
Top Bottom