post your chicken coop pictures here!

Here's ours

Not quite complete and before it was moved to it's permanent location
84109_dsc02962.jpg

All complete with the girls moved in:
84109_dsc03048.jpg

Quote:
that's a super cute tiny coop!

Thanks, I built this as a starter to see if I was going to stick with this chicken thing. So far it's all I think about 24/7. I had dreams about different sizes and colors of eggs last night, even though I've yet to get my first egg. My hope is to sell this one on the spring if/when I build a big shed and use part of the shed as a coop.

Quote:
that's a super cute tiny coop!

Thanks, I built this as a starter to see if I was going to stick with this chicken thing. So far it's all I think about 24/7. I had dreams about different sizes and colors of eggs last night, even though I've yet to get my first egg. My hope is to sell this one on the spring if/when I build a big shed and use part of the shed as a coop.

ahahah , I totally understand you...I am the same way, think about how to improve my tiny coop all the time...I have to change the setup today actually, because the chickens sleep in their high nest boxes (no space to put roosts higher than that...) and it gets full of poop...mine have not started laying yet either, and I can't wait!! I love my little coop, but I have to confess sometimes I'm already thinking about how to build the next one, but I can't tell that to my husband, he would think I'm seriously crazy, since I spent most the summer, fall and now winter building this one!!

ahhhhh chickens, they are so great!

Quote:

ahahah , I totally understand you...I am the same way, think about how to improve my tiny coop all the time...I have to change the setup today actually, because the chickens sleep in their high nest boxes (no space to put roosts higher than that...) and it gets full of poop...mine have not started laying yet either, and I can't wait!! I love my little coop, but I have to confess sometimes I'm already thinking about how to build the next one, but I can't tell that to my husband, he would think I'm seriously crazy, since I spent most the summer, fall and now winter building this one!!

ahhhhh chickens, they are so great!

Glad to know I am not the only one who is obsessed. Started out with a rooster someone put out in our yard. After about a month my husband bought 2 hens so he would have a friend. One hen was killed while sitting on eggs. The other hen started sitting on 11 eggs and hatched 6. That is when my obsession began. He built a small run 3'x7'x4'. He built a chicken coop and run and we ended up with 5 hens and a rooster, then added 2 americauna hens. Oh yeah forgot have 2 bantams(roo&hen) that free-range(wild). He fixed another coop area (dog run)for my hen and her chicks that are 6 weeks old. My christmas present was 8 lavender orps 9 days old. So I think I am up to 25 in all. I am trying to figure out how to get another coop built so I can get some more. I want to get some Easter eggers and the ones that lay chocolate colored eggs. I guess for now I will just dream !! Love your coop !!

This is the whole setup... The little run attached to the coop is where they stay if I am gone. The trees act as a wonderful hawk cover! and they loved that compost pile! (It's all gone now, though..)

66990_012.jpg

They love this insect infested stump!
smile.png
You can also see part of the big rock over to the left... that's for them to scratch their dirty beaks on!

66990_013.jpg

Another view...

66990_015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom