post your chicken coop pictures here!

OK, so gas welding? I've not ever welded but I thought there were some welding methods that used gas. Maybe not ;)  

Gas welding doesn't use any electricity at the point of use, but pretty much the entire gas welding system is made/manufactured using electric...

Looking at that cart, pretty much the entire thing was made using modern electric based manufacturing techniques... So it becomes a game of semantics where they can't be the one using the electricity but they can use the product made from electricity by anothers hands...

mossyroo, are you keeping the old house thingy inside, or are you just building around it?

The Amish talk going on. My stepfather's job is giving Amish people rides to auctions and the store and road trips and such. He has constant business, makes more than most people with a steady average job. It does not really make much sense to me. Sounds like cheating.

Well, the truly "faithful" do MACHINES, just not internal combustion engine driven machines. Water powered is fine, I think the Shakers were the same. Went to a really impressive water powered workshop in the Hancock Shaker village in MA with my mother probably 15 years ago. Open the valve on the big pipe and all the big machines can do their thing. Of course you have to have a source of water up a hill or some way to windmill pump it to a similar source.

oh well the trailer that dropped the wood was pull start gas...and the amish I get my chickens from all have phones...and case tractors(bobcats)...do the church thing on sundays...

Cute little boy in the first picture. What breed?
It has come a long way, very nice!

Thank you. I was a little hesitant to post pictures cause it's kind of awful compared to most that get posted on here. I have been trying to get confirmation that that is a boy in the pic. Got 9 straight run Australorp and Aus x Lavender Orp and he is the only one that looks like that. We were hoping the uniquiness indicated we had lucked out and only gotten one roo with 8 pullets.

Back
Top Bottom