post your chicken coop pictures here!

This is our chicken coop in the workings. My husband just decided one day to start building this without any plans and has not spent any money on it. We had all the wood or went around looking for it on craigslist. Im super impressed with how good he's done! And our chicks are 2 weeks old, they had their first day outside sunday and are definitely curious about their new home :)
I like the looks of that. He's doing a good job. Please post more photos when you're done.

This is our chicken coop in the workings. My husband just decided one day to start building this without any plans and has not spent any money on it. We had all the wood or went around looking for it on craigslist. Im super impressed with how good he's done! And our chicks are 2 weeks old, they had their first day outside sunday and are definitely curious about their new home :)

Love this! I create chicken coops in my head, and then draw them even though I know that they will never happen. Now, where's the paper...
big_smile.png

Would you mind giving more details about how you did the door out of PVC? This run design is basically what I'd like to do.
My homemade coop was an experiment to begin with that just went nuts. We wanted to see how far we could go without spending any money on materials. The coop itself is made of wooden pallets, scrap lumber and left over plastic lining and paint. (as you can see - I'm fond of red and purple. There's heat, lighting, ventilation easy clean access and egg retrieval. I can't wait to get my girls outside for some fresh air and a permanent home. I think the total came to $25 for the entire coop itself. The run is a design I created from a 1/2 inch PVC puzzle. Maybe $75 with all the hardware clothe, zip ties and piping. It came together magnificently! Very sturdy and critter proof. There's wire along the ground to prevent digging, fencing over 4 walls and the top, and the functioning parts (aka door) work entirely with plumbing / hanger parts (strapping and hang hooks). I've never raised chickens before but since I've recently retired and have time on my hands, I decided to give it a try. Wish me luck.

i have been through all 52 pages and am sorry it has ended you all have beautiful coops. i would love to make one but all your coops are about the size of my whole garden lol

Had the 4 girls for a month.. They are a year old.

Coop took a couple of weekends to build.

The 4 are cozy and happy.

We took our old Duck house, which actually used to be a dog house and converted it for chickens, adding nesting boxes a coop door we can open and shut and we made a 10 x 12 x 5 run. We have 4 chickens now, including 2 silkies and I have 4 chicks coming. So we should end up with 6 - 8 chickens in this space so hoping it's big enough? The house is apx 3' x 5' with 3 nesting boxes.

This is what we started with.

added the nesting boxes (shown with old small run attached)

The completed coop with run, we did add chicken wire on top as well and a board on the bottom to secure it better.

Back
Top Bottom