post your chicken coop pictures here!

Well, from one 'ol senior citizen to another (got ya beat...I'm 70!)...you did a bang up job!! Wishing you all the best in your chicken venture!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm 70 as well !

Here is my coop that is TWELVE years old, it has definitely stood the test of time and housed many many birds!

This is a little hut that I added on for brooding the older chicks

Sorry for the mess, haven't had time for spring cleaning!

My "perch" that I sit on to hunt coyotes!
I need a "coyote perch" !!!!!!!!

So here are my girls out grown the brooder back surgery forced me to keep them in longer than expected. I moved them into the coop tonight inside is just temporary till I can get back at it
[/URL]

Oh I hope you have help. Back surgery is such a bummer. Get well!

Haven't really gotten around to doing much on the inside so it's not super fancy. The coop is 4x6 and the run is 4x6. They are 7' tall. We wanted a walk in so I could use it as a potting shed I ever got tired of the whole chicken thing. That isn't going to happen. They are located in a fenced in side yard but I let them free-range in the backyard when I am home.

I use Sweet PDZ on a droppings board that's really an old liner from a dog crate. My roost is low because I have heavy breed chickens and a silkie that sleeps on the floor.

Someone on the Silkie thread said they had issues with Silkies sleeping on the less-than-clean floor. To entice them up off the floor she put a covered cat litter box filled with bedding in their spot and they use that now instead of the floor.

[B]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6340783/width/200/height/400[/B][/IMG

My coop. Hubby and I built it from plans in my head. Have to make a few modifications. I put a really big door on the back for cleaning. When I open it my girls run over to me. One of my ducks (3 weeks old) fell out last night. Not hurt but scared me. I will have to put a hardware mesh piece across the bottom of the doorway inside to keep that from happening.

This is my new Eggstream Tractor. Front view. sides cut from two pieces of 4x8ft 3/4in ply wood. 8in wheels. handles made from old axe handles

one side has two doors./ one for getting eggs open both for cleaning out. a sheet of linoleum on the floor pulls out for hosing down. they have faux stone tile flooring.

this big door on this side allows for feeding and watering. the PVC pipe is their feeder. which I fill in the top door there. next to it on the inside is a gallon bucket with nipples that hang out the bottom and through the floor so the chicks can access it from next to the feeder underneath.

and here is the assortment of bantams coming out of the top for the first time. checking it out.

my daughter fits inside for now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom