post your chicken coop pictures here!

Here's mine. Coop was about $200. Run was $50. Chickens were $86 and an hour away (yikes). Let's just say this was my anniversary present.
roll.png

Outstanding job.
celebrate.gif

That's a nice anniversary present, to save you money down the road you should hang the feeder under the coop so it doesn't get wet and spoil.
Thanks, Jetdog :) We bring the food in every night so we don't lose any to critters, so if bad weather is coming I could definately put them under the coop! Now if I can just figure out how a couple of the girls are escaping........
pop.gif

Thanks, Jetdog :) We bring the food in every night so we don't lose any to critters, so if bad weather is coming I could definately put them under the coop! Now if I can just figure out how a couple of the girls are escaping........
pop.gif
frow.gif
Do you have a top netting over the run? Mine will sure take off like you wouldn't believe if I don't watch them.
lau.gif

pop.gif

Hint, hint...they are flying over your fence. I have a 6' fence and if I didn't have a net over the run, mine would fly away too. The netting also deters the big birds (hawks, black faced vulture, etc.) from flying in and grabbing them.
Good luck and keep reading about protecting your girl. Remember they are on the bottom of the food chain.

pop.gif

Those hens can clear that fence of yours with no problem at all! You really need at least 6-8 feet fence height with bird netting over the top to completely enclose it. Then, they can only "escape" when you let them (out) to mow your lawn
clap.gif

It is adorable. Great idea for hanging the feed and water. I'd say $200 is a bargain. Mine was a lot more, and yours is just as nice. I think my setup is my birthday, anniversary and Christmas gift for the next few years. ;)

Back
Top Bottom