post your chicken coop pictures here!

So glad to see the birds have some protection.A paver stone block under that metal pail will help keep the corrosion down too. Do you wear boots to go to the collection box in the snow? We built a patio roof over our coop so we don't have to stand in rain when opening the egg box lid.
Yea coop is about 200 feet from the house so have to brave the elements whenever I check on them. Thanks for tips on pavers. Have two cans out there and wasn't really thinking about corrosion but definetly want them to last

Yea coop is about 200 feet from the house so have to brave the elements whenever I check on them. Thanks for tips on pavers. Have two cans out there and wasn't really thinking about corrosion but definetly want them to last

I'm always thinking when I see pics of coops. I was looking at your roomy setup and was thinking a wide window awning over the window will keep snow/rain off the nestbox lid when it's opened for collection. On our old coop we had to put a pop-up canopy over it when rain was forecast so we didn't let rainwater into the nestboxes when we opened the door. We struggled w/ that old coop for 5 years and I swore I wasn't standing in rain again when we collected eggs from the new coop.

D.gif
Coop Of The Week, WOO-HOO!
wee.gif
tongue.png

My new coop. I am so proud of it. My hubby did it all on his own and took about 6 months working weekends only.
It has cement and rebar under all the exterior walls and across the door opening which keeps things out very well.
We have covers to go over the hardware cloth openings in the winter or in case of really bad rain.
But we've had some hard driving rains and the inside stayed surprisingly dry.

This faces the road that runs in front of our house.
And we have two grazing areas for the birds so we can rotate them to regrow grass, etc.

Inside is still a work in progress. Roost bars were added just after this photo.
Plans are in the works to add a PVC pipe system for feed, grit and such.

Do be careful who you hire or buying a premade one if it's been wired for electricity as we bought one from someone and the wire was faulty and caught on fire. Thankfully we rescued our hens in time.

My new coop. I am so proud of it. My hubby did it all on his own and took about 6 months working weekends only.
It has cement and rebar under all the exterior walls and across the door opening which keeps things out very well.
We have covers to go over the hardware cloth openings in the winter or in case of really bad rain.

And we have two grazing areas for the birds so we can rotate them to regrow grass, etc.

Inside is still a work in progress. Roost bars were added just after this photo.

Absolutely amazing!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom