post your chicken coop pictures here!

Actually we have thought about that or an automatic water system. The drawback for now is how to inject the Apple Cider Vinegar (always) and/or Cayenne Pepper (when it's really really cold) we put in their water.

Thanks!

It's so sweet looking. I love it!
love.gif

Thanks Everyone for your kind words. I am about to do a little upkeep project this spring so I will take new pictures when I am done. Love seeing what everyone coop looks like as well!

Thanks. The flower boxes were my wife's idea. Its hard to tell from here but the planters are full of silk flowers. Not as pretty but they last a little longer around our girls.

My new coop. I am so proud of it. My hubby did it all on his own and took about 6 months working weekends only.
It has cement and rebar under all the exterior walls and across the door opening which keeps things out very well.
We have covers to go over the hardware cloth openings in the winter or in case of really bad rain.
But we've had some hard driving rains and the inside stayed surprisingly dry.

This faces the road that runs in front of our house.
And we have two grazing areas for the birds so we can rotate them to regrow grass, etc.

Inside is still a work in progress. Roost bars were added just after this photo.
Plans are in the works to add a PVC pipe system for feed, grit and such.

Can't tell on my 'puter if the windows are wire screen or glass? If open screen, how do you manage closing off the windy side of the wall? We always get wind-driven rain from the same side and have to tarp that side. Cool job on the coop -- I think it's the same size as our home!

I tore down our 30 yr. old redwood and cedar deck and used the 2x6s to build this coop for my 8 hens.
welcome-byc.gif

I like the gradual incline of your ramp. Our coop came w/ such a steep ramp we had to put cinder blocks under it to elevate it -- our little Silkies had a hard time up the incline. Love your re-use of the redwood!

Thanks for the compliment. The white bucket to the left-rear of the coop has poultry nipples. The feed hopper on the left side opens inside, which keeps other 'critters' from eating their feed.

Good luck keeping the critters out of the feed. We have annoying House Sparrows that will fly right inside the coop to get whatever they want - feed, water, chicken feathers to build their nests, whatever! I have one pullet that tries to chase them off but they are relentless. I had to go to treadle and nipple/clanger feeders so the darn wild birds would stop eating the good feed. It was the only way to cut down on the wild bird traffic.

Back
Top Bottom