post your chicken coop pictures here!

Finally completed the coop last week! :weee I like projects, so unfortunately I'm already planning an addition.... :confused: It isn't as spacious as I thought (even though I'm doing external nest boxes, I removed the ones in the picture). So I'm going to expand the coop another 3' out the side, providing the ladies with 3'x5' more space, as well as adding a storage area under the addition. VERY happy with how this came out, I've never made anything like this before, and although figuring out how to use a circular saw was terrifying, it turned out amazing. I made "double" walls, so there are insulation panels behind the plywood. The roof is "open", but covered by the roofing panels, so there is very good ventilation. In the winter I will have to partially close this so they don't freeze/catch cold drafts, but now that it's 50/60 out, thats not neccesary. The clear roof means they get sunlight all day, so in the winter this will help with egg production (hopefully).
Thank you! I've caught the "chicken bug" quite hard, so the addition is mostly so that I can get more chickens. (Farm and Fleet is getting silkies later this month.... ;) ). Also plan on expanding their run
Awesome coop!! And ahh yes, chicken math
1f602.png
1f602.png

Hello all,
My chickens are a year old now and I decided to rebuild their coop. Their first one was constructed mainly of reclaimed wood, it was ok for a first time coop, but I knew I could do better.
Their new coop consist of an old swing set and most of the old coop, but I am soon going to be finishing it with some nice exterior wood siding and removing the old crap

[/IMG]

Just FYI...  that original post was dated 2010   so its about seven years old now....
:pop

Oh lol I didn't even realize, sorry. Is it against the rules to quote a post over a certain age ?

Not at all. And! :welcome !

I think they were just mentioning it just in case you were expecting a reply and they're not active anymore is all :)

Or maybe they are and have since built even more awesome coops lol

Either way, :welcome

Back
Top Bottom