Post your citron - lemon - silver D'uccle projects, especially chick photos!

Silver....OR....Gold.....OR.....nothing

• Silver

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Gold

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Normal

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
lol its an arm and a leg. he would go nice in my project pen. my babies are turning out nicely though combs are wrong on some that have everything but the comb. the leg feathering is turning out nicely. as for the 5 toes half of them have 5 the other half have 4. beards look nice on them and as for the crest it pops up here and there. lost all of my babies to a dog so starting over with the ones they have been laying now hopefully nothing gets these. been quite frustrating have some bad luck with babies and birds this year :( stupid predators -_-

yes i am using silkies to bring in the silkie gene. i find the comb is the one thing that does not really vary from bird to bird, over half have the modified walnut comb.

Two years later and I have finally hatched out two bright lemon birds. I kept getting a pale version of peach/buff, but no lemon.
I was aiming for this...

and kept getting this...

.But the lemon roo has finally done his homework and passed on two gorgeous little lemon chiffon babies...

You can see by the white in my gold neck that these babes are coming in yellow, not white. They lack that peach color of the chick to the right of the top lemon.

So I have a black mottled pair of duccles, a trio of mille fleur duccle and 2 porcelain D'uccle hens. What could I get out of them? What can I breed out of all this? I'll be gettin blue mottleds, golden necks, lavender (or self blue), and black in the spring.

I only have 1 mille rooster and 1 mottled rooster.
Hens: 2 poporcelain Hens
1 mottled Hen
2Mille fleur hens.

I have a lemon millie fluer hen I plan to breed her with a porcelain roo to make more. We will see what happens. Right now I just have all my colors in the same pen.

Back
Top Bottom