Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

Ya it was pretty funny. I was originally spraying down the smaller water tubs with some faucet water since its chlorinated and stays fresher longer when i felt something hit my leg and go mad dashing after the ducks. Well the ducks dispersed and it kept jumping towards them, the pintails ran and the dominant mandarin drake thought about pecking at it but before i could get ahold of it it dove back into the pond. So now i have the sump/pump in there draining it. It does truly suck though because we haven't had sufficient rain fall in a while (along with the whole midwest) and my cistern is getting low an i really don't want to have to start pumping water from the faucet into the 600 gallon pond.
tongue.png

Quote:
Haha that would've been somethin to see! But here in Ohio, which is considered Midwest, we have had our share of rain. Crops have been delayed due to the fields looking like ponds. Hopefully you get some rain, cause you could watch grass grow by the time your pond is full
lol.png

Ya, send some of it our way. Texas, oklahoma, kansas are pretty dry and could use some rain. I know a few farmers who barely got their beans in an need some moisture to help kick 'em off.

76789_tn1.jpg

here is what I have so far. I know I need a lot more ground cover, plants ect.. I am newbie this year so I have a lot to work on. Chain link 6 ft.with chicken wire on the inside. Dug out for ground wire 3 ft from the building on 4 sides.site panels on 4 sides. pump keeps water running from pool to the stream pool and back down the waterfall. hopefully I will get it perfect for them
76789_tn.jpg

Last edited:
What type of filtration system do you have? What type of pump? without having it gravity fed in a skimmer box or in the bottom of the pond the pump will suck up feathers and dirt and burn out.

Back
Top Bottom