Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my firest egg today!!!!

43490_egg1.jpg

43490_egg2.jpg

Hi All,

Just wanted to share a pic of my first eggs.
smile.png

These are the first three from (i'm assuming) the same Golden laced Wyandotte, since she is the only one I see using "her spot".

First egg (at 24 weeks) is on the top left, second (3 days later) on the right, the super extra large one on the bottom (4 days ago at 25 weeks old), none since but...

The large one has been cracked open in the next pic and is the double one on the bottom of the pic. (the 2 cracked eggs on top of the bowl are from "Egginnovations" certified organic brown eggs)

Quite a difference I think
cool.png

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

Thanks again to BYC members,

Dan

28784_first_2_eggs_007.jpg

I think one of these eggs is from one of my Auaracans (on the right) and one is from one of my Buff Orpingtons. The white one at the top is a store bought large egg that I put in the picture for size perspective. They started laying on Monday and so far I have 5 eggs...4 brown from the Buffs and 1 "other". Very exciting!

Brian

wee.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif

Yipppeeee Just got back in from checking on my girls and collecting eggs. I was rewarded with my young ladies with there first pullet egg today. A little brown one These girls are about 18 to 20 weeks old. Untill today I had four hens laying regularly. two eggs every day to day I got four I will get picture posted as soon as I figure out how to. YIPPPEEEE

I came in off night shift and went out to let the flock out for the day and lo and behold I saw a mirage... a something could it be? YES MY FIRST EGG!!!! I dont know which one layed as I have about 40 hens @ 16 and 20 weeks. I am betting its one of the Partridge Rocks (20) or the New Hampshire/Sex Link (16) girls. I had just finished the laying boxes in the new coop addition and had not even put bedding down yet so the end was a little crunched. The egg was a little over 2 inches long and almost straight on the sides lol and what a surprise when we cracked it open!!! Who'da thunkit
big_smile.png
Well enough sleepless ramblng here come the pics!!!

2009_11150018.jpg

2009_11150023.jpg

2009_11150026.jpg

2009_11150025.jpg

*edit*
I dont know which one of the two first egg layers it happened to but I am having to euthanize a 22 wk old LB pullet due to internal egglaying complications. *edit*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom