Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first egg from my 6 month old pullets today!
Suspected momma is my Barred Rock with the biggest, reddest comb and more filled out hen of all of the flock, gal on the left, her sister for comparison on the right!

Beautiful Freshly plucked from the nesting box first pullet egg from my girls! YAY!

And a couple pics of it in better lighting for color and size comparison.
Pullet egg left, store bought right!

Store bought Egg, Bantam Cochin Egg, Pullet Egg, Bantam EE Egg.

Barred Rocks are great layers! And one of mine was the mother of most of my flock. So great layers AND mothers!
smile.png

Barred Rocks are great layers! And one of mine was the mother of most of my flock. So great layers AND mothers!
smile.png
My Barred Rock laid her first egg on Thursday (and laid another today
big_smile.png
). "Rocky-girl" was the last of my 3 pullets to start laying, but she put the Buff Orpington and RIR to shame!

The Barred Rock's first egg is bigger than ANY of theirs!​

My Barred Rocks 1st egg is the one in the bottom row on the left...the BIG one! Since I only have 3 chickens, I keep them lined up in folds of the towel until I use them!

Ive gotten a few brown eggs from my pullets over the last couple weeks, but today, I got my first EE egg! And I am so excited about it :D :D :D

My button quail, Pidwidgeon, laid it earlier this afternoon! I was so excited! It's almost an inch long and she's only four inches long! Still no eggs from my chickens though. They are 18 1/2 weeks old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom