Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reminder Carolyn - I do know not to wash til cooking. Basket used for veggies too.

My egg basket was looking a bit boring with various shades of mid-brown so I have recently aquired a few new hens. Today Lisa the columbine has kindly btightened up my basket!

My little quails first egg. Its not very big, but im sure proud of my girls! Whoever it was, even layed in the nest! For coturnix, I feel like thats pretty awesome!!

Here's our first....well, first five. Our RReds and barred rocks are only 17 wks so I was shocked to find them. Must be more than one laying since I checked yesterday and saw nothing. Isn't this early??

One of my Commercial Blacks (Barred Rock cross from Mt. Healthy hatchery) laid her first egg at 16 weeks. One of my Barred Rocks laid four days later but she's 4 weeks older than my CB's. So I think it depends on the chicken...some lay early, some don't. My other Barred Rock girl hasn't laid yet, and she's 23 weeks old.

Not Honey's first, but it is Rosie's first! Hers is the bigger one though so I suspect she may have been laying in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom