Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of these things is Not like the other!! :) I was so excited finding this! You would have thought I was the one who laid the egg!! :)

One of my babies laid this.... Beautiful but tiny brown egg... Tiny speckles. They all range in age and I honestly have no clue who it was.... Barred Rock, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Australorp(x2) or the Delaware. My other two Wyandotte crosses are only about 16-17 weeks old compared to the others being 25-30 weeks. Regardless.... Im so happy! It seems to have taken FOREVER!!! And of course i just went and purchased 3 dozen eggs for the week from the store. Silly Birds

We are eggcited at our little homestead! Today we got 4 eggs! And we have another girl laying green eggs, too. Hers are tiny, though. So we think we have 5 of our 8 girls laying eggs now. It was loud out in the chicken run/coop today! Now I know why. Big chorus of egg songs going on!

okay, so this isn't my first egg, but it's our first 7-egg day, and it's certainly our first striped egg. Not sure how she managed that, but I'm not gonna argue . . .

Wow baby eggs went from tiny to 3x over night. Cant wait to crack these ones open. Road island reds go. I have 8 rids and thay have been laying tiny eggs for 3 weeks and now about 3 inch eggs. Is this normal or am i just lucky.

okay, so this isn't my first egg, but it's our first 7-egg day, and it's certainly our first striped egg. Not sure how she managed that, but I'm not gonna argue . . .
Did you happen to get that chicken from the DOD? I heard they were working with chickens that they could send into any hostile place and drop dozens of camo'ed eggs for the troops. If she starts laying digital camo eggs, would you consider selling her?

The lighting in the kitchen was kinda bad, but here it is my FIRST Cream Legbar egg! It feels like I have been waiting forever for her to lay, probably because I thought she would start laying at about 17 or 18 weeks and she thought it would be nice to wait til the ripe old age of 27 weeks!

First egg from the runt of the family, little Sophia! Just goes to show the determination of the little ones! Always showing everyone else what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom