Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received word that we got our very first egg this morning (would have to happen while I'm working). Our 19 week old Gold Star, Nugget. FWIW, there was no squatting, or no egg song rehearsals. A couple of birds have inspected the nest boxes since I opened them up 3 weeks ago, but I've never seen anyone spend significant time there. Needless to say, I'll be spending some time in the area over the weekend...
See, I'm always right!!! Now here is your Lotto numbers; 2, 7, 17, 34, 42, 56, and the bonus number 8. Good luck.

4 eggs in 5 days....i officially have a productive hen! Now to get the other 7 to join in.

Oh my goodness it IS so exciting!  Its exciting every day!  I have two laying and waiting on 7 more....and I'm surprised by how it keeps being exciting!  lol. Congratulations!
my 1 BA has been laying for 4 weeks and has only taken 8 days off. I am still excited every time I find her egg. I'm waiting on 4 others and I really think at least 2 are close. I'm not sure when it'll stop being exciting. This morning was only the 3rd time I've heard the egg song but they (it was more than 1 of them today but not sure which ones) sang it 2 different times today. The first time I found an egg after it and the 2nd time maybe someone practicing? So exciting.

Peewee  Greater than 1.25 oz. or 35 g - 42 g
if it's between 35 and 42g it's considered peewee? What if it's less than 35? Lol, my BA mostly lays 33 and 34 right now. Today was 38 and a few days ago was 40 but that's the biggest so far.

Quote: Nothing less than Peewee that I know of. Maybe BAs have their own chart. Just guessing.
Modern Sizes (USA)

Size Mass per egg
Jumbo Greater than 2.5 oz. or 70 g or >
Extra-Large (XL) Greater than 2.25 oz. or 64-69 g
Large (L) Greater than 2 oz. or 56-63 g
Medium (M) Greater than 1.75 oz. or 49-55 g
Small (S) Greater than 1.5 oz. or 43-48 g
Peewee Greater than 1.25 oz. or 35 g - 42 g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom