Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very first egg was from my Golden Laced Wyandotte, about 2 weeks ago, and then a few days later my dark brown easter egger layed her first egg (it was blue) now we're just waiting on my white easter egger to start laying
1f601.png

Beautiful eggs! I'm still waiting for my two eggers to start laying - they're 5.5 months old, so it could be anytime!

I have a 39 week old Easter Egger hen that has yet to lay an egg. I also have a 28 week old Buff Orpington and 3 28 week old Andalusians that have not laid any eggs.

I'm in Central Florida, so it really hasn't gotten that cold here, although we've had a few days where we got into the low 30's. I also have a light on a timer that comes on in the early morning and goes off once the sun comes up.

I have 5 other hens that are laying fairly consistently. Any tips or ideas on what else I can do? I know that some hens can start laying around 4-6 months, but what's the oldest a hen can get to be before she lays? This is my first flock, so I'm still learning as I go. Also, my rooster has mated with at least 2 of the 5 that aren't laying. I thought he would only do that with hens that are ready to lay eggs.

Abbygison1212....as I'm looking at your pics and I get to the last one, I had to do a double take because I have the same chickens and the same cat. I haven't been brave enough to let him in with the chickens. He always hangs outside their run :):). My GLW nor the Leghorn have laid yet. My SLW is the only one that is laying

Full of firsts!

These are the first egg(s) from our F2 Olive Egger (1/4 CCL x 3/4 BCM) and a CCL/RIR mix

- AND -

The first egg from our Trader Joe's pullet (the one in the middle; the other two are RSL)

All laid this week... How cool is that?

We're all happy. Good girls!

All birds hatched last September.

Last edited:
I have a 39 week old Easter Egger hen that has yet to lay an egg. I also have a 28 week old Buff Orpington and 3 28 week old Andalusians that have not laid any eggs.

I'm in Central Florida, so it really hasn't gotten that cold here, although we've had a few days where we got into the low 30's. I also have a light on a timer that comes on in the early morning and goes off once the sun comes up.

I have 5 other hens that are laying fairly consistently. Any tips or ideas on what else I can do? I know that some hens can start laying around 4-6 months, but what's the oldest a hen can get to be before she lays? This is my first flock, so I'm still learning as I go. Also, my rooster has mated with at least 2 of the 5 that aren't laying. I thought he would only do that with hens that are ready to lay eggs.
I have 3 EEs that were all hatched at the same time that laid 2 months apart so there really is no telling when they are going to reach maturity compared to their siblings. The last of my flock of 5 (a small BA mix) finally laid her first egg a couple weeks ago - she was 40 weeks old and it was double digits below zero when she decided to start laying. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom