Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our very first egg! I think it was from one of our barred rocks. My husband said he saw her in the nesting box this morning. Canny wait to see more!

Although our Slikie, has been laying for awhile, she was already over a year when we got her. Today, our bantam Cochin Elsa that we've raised since she was six days old gave us our first (teeny-tiny) egg!

She's the one on left.

We got our first egg today!!!!

We have 4 pullets-RIR, Delaware, Dominique, and Australorp. Somebody gave us our first nugget
wee.gif

Not sure who but if I had to guess I would say our Dominique, Mabel. She was the first to squat and her comb is redder than the rest. We have another squatter (Beatrix the Australorp) so hopefully it won't be long before we have another. In any event, super proud of whomever and the egg is small but perfect! Yay!!!! What an awesome surprise when I got home from work :)

**Edited to add that these chickens were born on 4/11/16 and today is 9/6/16. 21 weeks and 1 day....

Last edited:
Braveheart is laying!
celebrate.gif

The little chick that ran up and jumped into my hand at the feed store and was always the first to try anything new. Well, she wasn't the first to lay, and although she is definitely an Easter Egger when she got out of the nest it seems she doesn't lay green OR blue eggs either; hers are PINK! Now I have been collecting a small lightish brown egg the last couple of days, but judging from the photo I took that one was darker than Ol Red's

...and this one was noticeably lighter than Red's. However pullet eggs can vary a lot in color, especially in the beginning so if the other eggs are her's or not I guess I won't know for sure until I see two different color eggs side by side or not.
Mystery solved!

They finally all decided to lay on the same day. Four distinctly different eggs.

That just leaves Robin

Please be blue, please be blue, please be blue...

Last edited:
First egg from our Cream Legbar, 24 weeks old. Our Isbar pullet has been laying for 3 weeks now. Still waiting on my Bielefelders!

Legbar egg (bluish-green) on left & Isbar egg on right

:barnieOH NO!

There was a tiny new color egg in the nesting box. I really hope it wasn't Robin's, because it was cream WHITE!

I wait for 5 months and all I end up with is ONE colored egg layer? :hit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom