Potato & Chicken Bake / Great for Pot Luck!!

Gracefulspice

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Pa
This recipe is one of my favorets..Thought I'd share. It's great for the holidays & picnics when ya have all those yummy pot lucks!! You can also replace the chicken with pork.

*1lb bag frozen hash brown potatoes.
*1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup, can use cream of mushroom or celery too.
*1 green pepper
*1 onion
*1 full chicken breast cook & cubed ( I like to fry mine off)
*1 16 oz sour cream (can use light)
*1 1/2 lb of shredded sharp cheddar
* 6 strips of bacon cooked till crisp and broken into large crumbs

Mix all ingredents together in large bowl. Empty into 9x13. Add cornflaks or potato chips on top. Bake for approx 1hr. at 350. Or untill sides of dish are bubbling well. Let stand for 10 min and serve. Great for reheating too!! Enjoy
big_smile.png

That looks great! I just printed it out. It looks like it makes a ton of leftovers...useful for those busy time you just want to heat something and eat and not bother with cooking for a few days.

Thanks!

*1lb bag frozen hash brown potatoes.

Sorry can you explain, are these ordinary potatoes? Chopped? Chipped? Mashed? Otherwise processed? Is there an alternative I could use? (We don't do hash browns over here
hmm.png
)

The rest I'm OK with!
tongue.png
Sounds good​

(hash browns are frozen diced potaotes, a convivnce food, this works with fresh new potatoes boiled and sliced, or russets that have been cooked a bit.)

to cut the calories a bit use fresh ,live, plain yougurt instead of sour cream, other wise this is the american version of a heart attack on a plate, smile!
I live out in oregon now , ( raised in wisconsin),
we would omit the chips/ ceral at the tend, thats a midwestern trick, as is the large amount of cheese,
hey folks from the UK, where is ORPHINGTON? where they bred the chickens? I love to travel and think we should visit...... and raise a glass of beer.....
cheers

Last edited:
hey folks from the UK, where is ORPHINGTON? where they bred the chickens? I love to travel and think we should visit...... and raise a glass of beer.....
cheers

It's Orpington, Kent you're after. South East of London. I've not been there, I don't know if you'll find any chickens, but the beer is probably OK
tongue.png

I have orpingtons as well, give me a ring when you're going and we'll meet up!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Well I like kent, so pretty,
but this year i think i will go hiking in the North Cascades, bought a new tent, perhaps I will make it to the canadain rockies, but life seems to swing me through the UK alot, so don't be surprized if i show up.
my travel webpage is out of date but fun

www.justinetravel.com

cheers

Back
Top Bottom