Poultry Hollow - Brush Creek, TN

wow im really shocked. thats where i just got my new chickens and they were all in great shape. but he came here to knoxville and i didnt see the farm wish i would have known that first:(

Quote:
No, Absolutly not! I am the one that lives near the Mennonites-Poultry Hollow is near Knoxville or Nashville I believe, anyway it is not me! I run a very clean hatchery, no dead birds here, all of my birds are healthy, well cared for, and kept in clean conditions. I spend hours and hours each day caring for my birds and chicks. Anyone is welcome to walk around and look at my birds, I am happy to show my operation to anyone, my chicks are raised in a seperate brooder building, it is always clean! Come out and check it out!

Ah ok, thank you for the clarification! We were up that way one day and I saw your signs. I thought about stopping in, but wasn't sure how that would be received.
smile.png

Quote:
Next time you are in the area please stop in, most people just drop in and that is fine, if the gate is open I am home and open. I lock the driveway gate at closing time. Thanks!

Quote:
Our poultry is from great lines and very healthy, although may be missing a feather here and there and our farm is clean, inspected, and disease free. Thank you for your comment.

Quote:
This is a flat out lie. We do not sell birds that are something else! We don't prey on people! A cochin got into a silkie brooder, WOW, we hatch over 25000 a year and some get mixed but usually caught we are only human and make mistakes like anyone. We also brought birds to replace the unfortunate mix up. Is that preying on people???

It is unfortunate that our first posts here are having to defend ourselves from unreasonable people but this could not go unanswered...

Come visit us and decide for yourself, we guarantee your satisfaction.

Before everyone goes bashing anyone on here or any other hatchery breeder whatever...it's the buyers responsibility to know what they are buying as well..I'm so sick of people passing it all on to others..do your own homework be responsible for your own purchases.Be aware hatcheries anywhere are a business first and foremost.Breeders are going to sell you our cull stock..we are not going to sell you our best breeders.Some breeders will point out the flaws others won't it is your responsibility to know what your looking at or don't bash the seller when your not happy. The Silkie thing though..that's too easy to tell the difference don't you think? I have heard about lots of mix ups I wasn't there I didn't see it but some I do know could be accidental knowing the breeds that were mixed up...goes back to the buyers not letting you know if they don't tell you.I have also heard you refuse to answer questions about your breeding stock...not a good idea.

That said I did go to your place and you kept insisting the chick we were holding was bantam when we knew otherwise and I told you it was LF..you refused to admit we were right..we were right by the way.It didn't matter we just needed the buff cochin for a kids project and since it's a color we don't breed here you were close. The day I was there several young birds were laying there dead..you said they got wet the night before..I understand that but leaving them where customers can see just looks horrible.Now,I know how fast they can die so I overlooked it as much as possible..many of the posters on here don't know what a few hundred birds look like and how long it takes to feed them. BUT,overlooked or not once someone sees that it changes the entire tone of the visit. I didn't see overly dirty conditions..not as clean as some but not nasty either.I'm not impressed with show barns or turned off by useable.Hens with bare backs..those posters need not visit me either.It happens they also molt and have major feather loss,you name it. I understand it's not in your best interest not to care for your birds..you could loose a lot very fast but at the same time show conditions are not necessary to keep chickens happy healthy and alive...some posters need to realize that throughout the BYC forums...those will never be happy since they are the only one's doing anything right.

I try to stay out of the bashing because of our close proximity..I know you call people and tell them you will under price me no matter the price I told them...I don't care.Your not my competition just because we are close to each other..until your best birds are beside mine at a big show..like Crossroads will you be my competition.There are enough chickens and chicken owner diversity to keep everyone happy...and no one can keep everyone happy.

If I were looking for just a couple of hatchery type birds I have no problem with yours.I like the prices and if I only need a handful I don't need to order 25.. I don't say hatchery type as an insult....your birds are bred to be function able and to be pretty but I don't think you stay awake at night planning your pens to get the best chance for APA standards from them like we do here...well hopefully I don't loose lots of sleep:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom