POWER OUTAGE.Day 25. CANDLED THE EGGS...HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT I SAW?

P0U1TRYP3RS0N

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
If anyones seen it on the news...Northern arizona just received 54 inches of snow this week. What a joy. Especially because it knocked my power out yesterday...and the bator got down 65 degrees for a couple hours
sad.png
We finally got our generator going...and moved the bator to the top of the clothes dryer...well, the generator ran out of gas while we were out getting more for a few minutes. Temp dipped to 75 despite blankets.
The best news...the power came back on this morning at 8:00! I got up at 8:30. And went down to get my bator so I could plug back in up in my bathroom where I keep it...and discovered,,,my mom dicided to run a load of laundry...equaling vibrations.
GUYS! I FEEL SO STUPID! 18 DAYS OF TURNING....$30 WORTH OF EGGS ON EBAY...AND AT LEAST 4 LITTLE SILKIE BABIES...IS THERE ANY CHANCE FOR THEM?>?!!!!!

Last edited:
dont worry if my silkie hens can hatch out chicks with lows in the teens and highs in the 30,s anything is possible. besides i watched them turning the egs in the nest and they are very rough moving the eggs around in the nest. made me nervous watching them. good luck, i have my fingers crossed for ya

Tonight begins day 21. Humidity is...as always in the winter...being uncooperative. Keeps dipping low despite the bowl of water and lots of soaked paper towels I put in there on Friday the last time I opened it. So I've ber squirting water in thru a straw and syringe.
Strangely...tonight the temp jumped up to 102.5--something it hasn't done during the duration of incubation. Should this mean something?

Quote:
I was told yesterday it means hatching is close. And it held true for me.

thumbsup.gif
yup babies chicks can withstand lots of drama while incubating-temp spikes and drops -if its day 21 temp jumped to 102.5 your still good. The temp does go up a touch becuse of the heat those chicks are generating in the shells-now when they hatch the humidity will jump some too becuse of the moisture that was in egg-thats perfectly normal-your doing great keep us updated:)

Quote:
I was told yesterday it means hatching is close. And it held true for me.

thumbsup.gif
yup babies chicks can withstand lots of drama while incubating-temp spikes and drops -if its day 21 temp jumped to 102.5 your still good. The temp does go up a touch becuse of the heat those chicks are generating in the shells-now when they hatch the humidity will jump some too becuse of the moisture that was in egg-thats perfectly normal-your doing great keep us updated:)

What she said

Well...day 22 commenced last night. Still no peeps, pips or moving eggs. But when I got up this morning...the humidity had fallen dirasticly overnight. 21% or something outrageous. And the temp has jumped again...to 101.3 from a very steady, re adjusted 100.4.
I'm so confused...is it a live chick or humidity drop causing the always stable thermostat to go wild???
And it's day 22..,how long should I hold out hope?

Back
Top Bottom