POWER OUTAGE.Day 25. CANDLED THE EGGS...HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT I SAW?

Wait!! Someone posted that their chick hatched on Day 25.

I fear I might be in the same position soon, Day 21 and no chicks and I just have that feeling. ><

Day 24 will start tonight. Nothing doing. I really don't see what harm pulling them out of the bator and candling could do at this point.

Welcome back to the power outage chronicles. The saga apparently continues. Tonight began day 25 and since the humidity is still fighting me I couldnt take it anymore--I pulled the eggs out real quick and stuck a flashlight next to 'em. In one it looks like something very sharp (im guess a beak?) is maybe...a centimeter from the air cell. NONE HAVE TAPPED THE AIRCELL. In another egg...I could plainly see visible red blood vessels...iF THEYRE STILL RED...IS THAT AN INDICATION BABY IS STILL ALIVE? Or not?
Also...I COULD NOT DETECT MOVEMENT IN ANY OF THE EGGS...WOULD THAT MEAN THEYRE DEAD, OR WOULD YOU JUST NOT BE ABLE TO TELL MOVEMENT THIS LATE IN?

It sounds like maybe they are dead if they aren't moving. The downward dip in humidity may have shrink wrapped them and caused them to not be able to be mobile enough to pip. I hope I am wrong!!!
hugs.gif

HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!! Out of desperation....I just figured it wouldnt hurt to look again. Three did nothing...but I swear the first one...it...the edge of the shadow moved in a little for just a second or two. I dont think it was me staring too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 23
between Humidity Dip & a 104 Temp spike, my chicks were shrink wrapped. I should ahve helped when I first couldn't hear them cheeping & peeping anymore.

Bought 2 new Hygrometers they are calibrating in the ziplock over night, I have 8 more eggs headed to lock down on Sunday, hatch Feb 3.

trying again

Back
Top Bottom