PPBA Show in Stockton, California

They do have a concession stand and the food is not bad.  IMO the area around the fairgrounds isn't the best so I would prefer to stay there rather than drive somewhere for lunch.  

Let me add that I am looking forward to seeing you both and meeting other BYCers who I haven't met face to face.

I had heard the area isn't the best and really didn't want to be out wandering around, so that will be perfect. Especially if I get to spend more time chatting with fellow chicken peeps. I'm looking forward to seeing you again too. It will also be nice putting faces to names of others I haven't met yet too.

Liz, you will have a blast. It is a really fun group.

I had heard the area isn't the best and really didn't want to be out wandering around, so that will be perfect. Especially if I get to spend more time chatting with fellow chicken peeps. I'm looking forward to seeing you again too. It will also be nice putting faces to names of others I haven't met yet too.

Liz, you will have a blast. It is a really fun group.

I spent so much time there as a kid, showed pigs in 4-H and FFA. I don't remember it being so bad back then but kids are oblivious lol.

I spent so much time there as a kid, showed pigs in 4-H and FFA. I don't remember it being so bad back then but kids are oblivious lol.
Maybe all the Stockton crime reports that I hear on TV has me more nervous than I need to be. I do remember trying to find out where the closest Starbucks was and it was quite a ways away. What nice neighborhood doesn't have a Starbucks these days?!
wink.png

Our county fairgrounds are in our city and the area is not nice where it is. I avoid driving in that area if at all possible and never at night. The high school is across the street and the police station down the street but our city ghetto is surrounding it. And the nearest Starbucks is miles away!

Debi,

Karen and I are coming up to visit and check out the birds too. We won't be there quite that early though - probably closer to 10 or 11 for us. Hoping to get a chance to see everyone. Do they serve lunch on grounds?

Jules

I'd bring sand witches. The food was fairly basic. OK are we shooting for the con session stand? 11 or 12?

Maybe all the Stockton crime reports that I hear on TV has me more nervous than I need to be. I do remember trying to find out where the closest Starbucks was and it was quite a ways away. What nice neighborhood doesn't have a Starbucks these days?!
wink.png

There is a police substation right between the two major poultry buildings, so you will be safe. The fairgrounds is safe, but the surrounding area's are not good. I judge my fairgrounds safety by seeing if they just use barbed wire or have to use razor wire. Since we moved the show to Stockton there has never been a problem on or off the fairgrounds with any of the poultry people.

Walt

There is a police substation right between the two major poultry buildings, so you will be safe. The fairgrounds is safe, but the surrounding area's are not good. I judge my fairgrounds safety by seeing if they just use barbed wire or have to use razor wire. Since we moved the show to Stockton there has never been a problem on or off the fairgrounds with any of the poultry people.

Walt
That's good news, Walt. I'm not nervous about the fairgrounds but I would rather not be driving around the area trying to find a restaurant. I'm fine with driving there and staying for the day!

Back
Top Bottom