prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

So.... if @Flock Master64 has the most post on here today....
ep.gif

Where is your valuable questions and thought for this thread, huh????
hu.gif

Just harassing ya!
wink.png

I hate that the Bible says in:

Proverbs 16:30 Whoever winks his eyes plans dishonest things; he who purses his lips brings evil to pass.

I like to wink to show I'm playing. But I guess playing doesn't mean meaning it... so therefor dishonest.....

Thought please??

ep.gif

hu.gif

Just harassing ya!
wink.png

Proverbs 16:30 Whoever winks his eyes plans dishonest things; he who purses his lips brings evil to pass.

I like to wink to show I'm playing. But I guess playing doesn't mean meaning it... so therefor dishonest.....

Thought please??

Proverbs are either real easy or impossible for me, this one I will not "touch"
caf.gif

@shortgrass

I'd kinda like to meet you. My part of CA is the most beautiful you will see!

Can ya book a flight and come Bible thump me?! It sounds kinda fun!! :lau

Lol as cold as it is here, I would consider doing that..are you paying for my flight? :D

I try not to thump too hard unless necessary though ha-ha; just ask my kids, my bark is worse than my bite!

ep.gif

hu.gif

Just harassing ya!
wink.png

Thought please??

Ok, first let's look at the verse in context. Just a heads up, I use the KJV, so my text will probably be different than yours.

Proverbs 16:29 A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good. 30 He shutteth his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.

The verse you quoted is talking about a violent man. I'm assuming your not a violent man, and winking in playing is just fine. It's always good to read and take note of the passages around the verses so you get the whole message.
smile.png

Ok, first let's look at the verse in context. Just a heads up, I use the KJV, so my text will probably be different than yours.

Proverbs 16:29  A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good. 30 He shutteth his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.

The verse you quoted is talking about a violent man. I'm assuming your not a violent man, and winking in playing is just fine. It's always good to read and take note of the passages around the verses so you get the whole message. :)

Wow! That just goes to show what a translation can do, too! I usually use the KJV, but I have a study Bible and a kids Bible for the girls; sometimes we can understand the study Bible better, but in this case, I understand the KJV way easier!

From that translation, I'm picking out an angry man, neighbor, that can tempt a person to err by speaking lies... Like say, a troll on a website causing trouble just to get a kick out of seeing someone lose their cool. :p

Strange question....what is in a name of a church? Is there a difference if a church calls itself "Methodist", or " Baptist " or *church of Christ"?....

Aren't ALL churches that follow the Bible and have Christ as their focus part of HIS church?

So, in essence ALL it is is a name?

Except Lutheran, I know Martin Luther did that but that's the only "name" I have experience with...

Today, I'm going with my mom to a "Berean" church...

Ok lol, bear with me, I'm just double checking something I might have misinterpreted.. Or something ;)

*oh, there was a second part to that question...is legalism an issue when a church chooses its name?

Last edited:
Jesus Prophesy Study #19 "care for the poor and needy"

Old Testament:

Psalm 72 NASB

12 For he will deliver the needy when he cries for help,
The afflicted also, and him who has no helper.
13 He will have compassion on the poor and needy,
And the lives of the needy he will save.
14 He will rescue their life from oppression and violence,
And their blood will be precious in his sight;

New Testament:

Luke 7 NASB

22 And He answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Back
Top Bottom