prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Screenshot_20240112-131458_Facebook.jpg

well, there is about a square inch of missing skin with a deep hole (or 2) from the dog's dent. I first syringed her some honey water for shock and to give her some strength. I cleaned the wound with hydrogen peroxide then put some powder for wounds. it contains antibiotics and helps wounds to heal. I gave her a vibramycin pill (doxycycline) and put her in a crate near the wood stove. next day I bought a spray for wounds and spray id 2x/day. continued to give her 1/2 vibramycin. and I praise God for she is still alive.

please share your story.
This sounds very similar to our hen's injury. We were not aware she was hurt for about three days, and by then there was also flystrike. We dealt with that and then flushed the wound with with sterile saline solution in a spray bottle because we did not want to scrub her and add to her discomfort. The wound looked horrible and I thought we should put her down, but with advice from BYC we decided to try to help her. So every day, twice a day, we flushed the wound thoroughly with the saline spray, which she seemed to enjoy, gently blotted it dry and generously smeared it with Original Neosporin. We had clipped the feathers around the wound. Finally we sprayed it with Veterycin spray gel to seal it and keep it moist. She ate and drank and we provided oyster shell and grit, though she never laid an egg throughout the treatment. Eventually we noticed her wound was getting smaller and healing from the edges inward. After three weeks it was completely healed and we returned her to the flock with no issues. We had kept her in a dog crate in the house during her treatment. We never gave her any antibiotic because there was never any sign of infection.

What you are doing for your hen sounds reasonable. I am sure she will do as well as our hen did.

My son is doing great! This morning he said the open wound is practically closed. Will go to wound care this week, but I'm thinking he won't be going too many times. This home care is doing wonderfully with him. Power of prayer. :) Thank you everyone! 💙

This sounds very similar to our hen's injury. We were not aware she was hurt for about three days, and by then there was also flystrike. We dealt with that and then flushed the wound with with sterile saline solution in a spray bottle because we did not want to scrub her and add to her discomfort. The wound looked horrible and I thought we should put her down, but with advice from BYC we decided to try to help her. So every day, twice a day, we flushed the wound thoroughly with the saline spray, which she seemed to enjoy, gently blotted it dry and generously smeared it with Original Neosporin. We had clipped the feathers around the wound. Finally we sprayed it with Veterycin spray gel to seal it and keep it moist. She ate and drank and we provided oyster shell and grit, though she never laid an egg throughout the treatment. Eventually we noticed her wound was getting smaller and healing from the edges inward. After three weeks it was completely healed and we returned her to the flock with no issues. We had kept her in a dog crate in the house during her treatment. We never gave her any antibiotic because there was never any sign of infection.

What you are doing for your hen sounds reasonable. I am sure she will do as well as our hen did.

thank God she is better. I always give antibiotics to injured poultry. my vet recommended it as we don't know what's going inside. they might develop puss somewhere inside and antibiotics will take care of that.

Back
Top Bottom