prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Just saw this and thought I would share :)
53370-Jesus-Was-Gods-Gift.jpg

I read Isaiah 29 and spent some time on verse 16 because............ I have been thinking about people who believe that the theory of evolution to be truth and yet criticize those who say that a prominent person evolved from an ape.

Isaiah 29:16 NASB

16 You turn things upside down!
Shall the potter be regarded as the clay,
that the thing made should say of its maker,
“He did not make me”;
or the thing formed say of him who formed it,
“He has no understanding”?

There's a passage almost exactly like that in Romans 9 - I bet Paul quoted it, he does that alot.

Yesterday @lazy gardener sent me a private message about doing a study of "Prophecies fulfilled by Jesus"

This study will begin with a look at the Dead Sea Scrolls copied and pasted from:

https://www.gotquestions.org/dead-sea-scrolls.html

Question: "What are the Dead Sea Scrolls and why are they important?"

Answer:
The first of the Dead Sea Scroll discoveries occurred in 1947 in Qumran, a village situated about twenty miles east of Jerusalem on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea. A young Bedouin shepherd, following a goat that had gone astray, tossed a rock into one of the caves along the seacliffs and heard a cracking sound: the rock had hit a ceramic pot containing leather and papyrus scrolls that were later determined to be nearly twenty centuries old. Ten years and many searches later, eleven caves around the Dead Sea were found to contain tens of thousands of scroll fragments dating from the third century B.C. to A.D. 68 and representing an estimated eight hundred separate works.

The Dead Sea Scrolls comprise a vast collection of Jewish documents written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, and encompassing many subjects and literary styles. They include manuscripts or fragments of every book in the Hebrew Bible except the Book of Esther, all of them created nearly one thousand years earlier than any previously known biblical manuscripts. The scrolls also contain the earliest existing biblical commentary, on the Book of Habakkuk, and many other writings, among them religious works pertaining to Jewish sects of the time

The legends of what was contained in the Dead Sea Scrolls are far beyond what was actually there. There were no lost books of the Bible or other literature that there was not already other copies of. The vast majority of the Dead Sea Scrolls were simply copies of books of the Old Testament from 250-150 B.C. A copy or portion of nearly every Old Testament book was found in Qumran. There were extra-biblical and apocryphal books found as well, but again, the vast majority of the scrolls were copies of the Hebrew Old Testament. The Dead Sea Scrolls were such an amazing discovery in that the scrolls were in excellent condition and had remained hidden for so long (over 2000 years). The Dead Sea Scrolls can also give us confidence in the reliability of the Old Testament manuscripts since there were minimal differences between the manuscripts that had previously been discovered and those that were found in Qumran. Clearly this is a testament to the way God has preserved His Word down through the centuries, protecting it from extinction and guarding it against significant error.

lol.png
Why even Jesus quoted scripture! If man evolved from apes, why are there still apes? I have had an experience in my garden that pretty much disproves the theory of evolution. It relates to natural selection. I'll do a quote:

Shoveled the snow off the hay bale cold frame. Wouldn't you know it... there was a big fat vole in the trap. This makes 4 voles caught with the same chocolate chip, at the same hole, with the same trap. Now, I'm looking at this evidence, and thinking to myself... voles aren't the brightest creatures that God ever created. This fact in it'self speaks highly against the theory of evolution. Wouldn't you think, that with selection of the fittest, by now, they would have evolved into a more intelligent vole. Now, here we have a family of voles who are sharing the same tunnel, and they aren't bright enough to figure out that chocolate is bad for their health. Now, if Mama, and Papa, and Bubba and little Sara Sue all tried the chocolate and ended up dead... wouldn't you think that the rest of the cousins and aunts and uncles would decide that eating chocolate was a bad idea???

BTW, Elmer went the way of his predecessors several nights later. Yep... same chocolate chip.

Last edited:
I am only going to copy old and new testament passages, it is up to the BYC reader to decide what they mean. Next prophesy tomorrow, Lord willing.

Old Testament:

Micah 5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

2 “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Too little to be among the clans of Judah,
From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel.
His goings forth are from long ago,
From the days of eternity.”

New Testament:

Matthew 2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

2 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, 2 “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.” 3 When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 Gathering together all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Messiah was to be born. 5 They said to him, “In Bethlehem of Judea; for this is what has been written by the prophet:
6 ‘And you, Bethlehem, land of Judah,
Are by no means least among the leaders of Judah;
For out of you shall come forth a Ruler
Who will shepherd My people Israel.’”

Bethlehem is called the City of David. The fact that Jesus was born in Bethlehem fulfills this prophecy made by Micah, many years before his birth. Only at this time in history could this prophecy have been fulfilled b/c Mary and Joseph were compelled to travel to the city of their ancestors to participate in the census ordered by Ceasar Augustus.

Bethlehem was a little city, certainly not one that would be expected to give birth to a King. Bethlehem is now confined in the borders of Palestine.

Bethlehem is called the City of David.  The fact that Jesus was born in Bethlehem fulfills this prophecy made by Micah, many years before his birth.  Only at this time in history could this prophecy have been fulfilled b/c Mary and Joseph were compelled to travel to the city of their ancestors to participate in the census ordered by Ceasar Augustus.  

Bethlehem was a little city, certainly not one that would be expected to give birth to a King.  Bethlehem is now confined in the borders of Palestine.

Jesus of Nazareth

Back
Top Bottom