prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Quote: Yes. Any other thoughts on that? Why the Christmas story about the baby in the manger, under the star of Bethlehem, if He is Jesus of Nazareth????

I was even more surprised when I found out how many prophesies Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled, the mathematical odds against anyone person ever is beyond faith and becomes proof.
We will be looking at over 50. There was a complete Isaiah copy found in the Dead Sea Scrolls (Qumran Cave #4) and archeologists dated that copy 200-100 years before the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

Bible Prophesy #2 Be born a King from the line of David

Old Testament (NASB):

Isaiah 9:7
7 There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace,
On the throne of David and over his kingdom,
To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness
From then on and forevermore.

2 Samuel 7:12-13
12 When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14

Jeremiah 23:5
5 “Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch;
And He will reign as king and act wisely
And do justice and righteousness in the land.

Jeremiah 30:9
9 But they shall serve the Lord their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them.

New Testament (NASB):

Matthew 1:1
1 The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham

Luke 1:32
32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David

Acts 13:22-23
22 After He had removed him, He raised up David to be their king, concerning whom He also testified and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who will do all My will.’ 23 From the descendants of this man, according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus,

That one was tricky. I remember studying the family lines and I can't remember if Boaz was on Mary's side, or Joseph's... The girls are going to grandmas for a couple days, so I'll have a wee bit of time to look at that again.

I recall something about why the Pharisees didn't believe that Jesus was of royal blood because Joseph wasn't actually his "father", but back in those days, step dad was just as good as dad, and even uncles took over duties for a brother if he died, " inheriting" his wife and children as his own. So by proxy, Jesus did come from "Royal" blood...

Gotta take a minute today and look all that up again, do a refresher course ;)

Last edited:
That one was tricky. I remember studying the family lines and I can't remember if Boaz was on Mary's side, or Joseph's... The girls are going to grandmas for a couple days, so I'll have a wee bit of time to look at that again.

I recall something about why the Pharisees didn't believe that Jesus was of royal blood because Joseph wasn't actually his "father", but back in those days, step dad was just as good as dad, and even uncles took over duties for a brother if he died, " inheriting" his wife and children as his own. So by proxy, Jesus did come from "Royal" blood...

Gotta take a minute today and look all that up again, do a refresher course
wink.png

the way it was explained to me

The genealogy in Matthew and Luke are different, one (I think Matthew) is Joseph's line, the other Mary's. Check to see if Mary's father is named Joseph when you are looking at the details.

I agree some of these are not as good as others, I have a list of 100 and have taken out the most difficult 40+.

wink.png
Boaz was from Joseph's side - wait, let me check - yep he is. We memorized Mathew for Bible quizzing one year, and good greif, chapter one was a pain in the butt!

the way it was explained to me

The genealogy in Matthew and Luke are different, one (I think Matthew) is Joseph's line, the other Mary's. Check to see if Mary's father is named Joseph when you are looking at the details.

I agree some of these are not as good as others, I have a list of 100 and have taken out the most difficult 40+.
Yes, Mathew has Joseph's family, and Luke has Mary's.

Hey Folks! If you woulda told me 2 years ago i'd be hanging out on the internet now talking to Christian Back Yard Chicken-ner-farmer---keepers.... i'd a told you you were nuts.

Anyways....If any of Yinz need prayers i'll be over here.

Hey Folks! If you woulda told me 2 years ago i'd be hanging out on the internet now talking to Christian Back Yard Chicken-ner-farmer---keepers.... i'd a told you you were nuts.

frow.gif
Hi, Ken!
welcome-byc.gif

wink.png
Interesting, that. If the Pharisees were saying that Joseph was not Jesus father, they were speaking out of both sides of their mouths. To deny that Joseph was His father, they would have to admit that He was deity. Both Mary and Joseph came from the line of David.

Ain't it great, Ken? To be part of the greatest miracle of all???? We serve an awesome God. I like chickens also!!

Back
Top Bottom