prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Churches do pole dancing. There is nothing innocent about that! :lol:
Yoga is like Halloween. You can put a dark meaning behind it, but it's been so long since anyone has associated it as dark. Christmas hasn't even lost its meaning as much.
I have to say that I am deeply disturbed by much said here. But! I try to hear your opinions, and accept it as a difference of church.

1 Thessalonians 5:22 says to abstain from all appearance from evil. Even if you think it is just excercise, participating in something that proclaims the things it does (read the links) is not what we as Christ followers should do. Please don't be offended.

It's exercise.
That works! :lau
Exactly!
Meditation is not necessarily about other religions.
Yup

Yeah, i dont know, now I'm really conflicted haha

You should read those articles though, I am right now. Even if you don't agree, they are at the least interesting and make somewhat good points especially the Christian Woman one

And this one is interestinf too and somewhat in support of it?

http://www.todayschristianwoman.com...k-1/why-i-teach-yoga-pilates-and-tai-chi.html

And apparently there is the exercise and benefits part of it without the spiritual hindu part, the one person started a new program

If you recall, I mentioned about going to some interesting churches. Those churches believed in suicide, swearing, and adults talking loudly during prayer and the service. They are a large majority of churches. I left only when I couldn't find God anywhere.

Yoga is like Halloween. You can put a dark meaning behind it, but it's been so long since anyone has associated it as dark. Christmas hasn't even lost its meaning as much.
I have to say that I am deeply disturbed by much said here. But! I try to hear your opinions, and accept it as a difference of church.

Apparently a lot of the practices and phrases are still Hindu or about the earth? Idk. But most people don't even know that or do it for that.

I will say though I hate Halloween. Not necessarily because I think it's bad, I know it's just about kids in costumes and candy these days, but hate all the scary movies on TV and scary stuff on the Internet, etc. I am easily scared haha

If you recall, I mentioned about going to some interesting churches. Those churches believed in suicide, swearing, and adults talking loudly during prayer and the service. They are a large majority of churches. I left only when I couldn't find God anywhere.

I dont think that's necessarily the majority of churches but maybe it is near you? Almost every Christian I've heard of or talked to has thought suicide was either a sin or at the very least, a serious problem and not a good thing. Those churches you found sound terrible and I am sorry you had those experiences :(

Hello again all!
Haven't been posting in awhile but have been following
wink.png
. The latest topic really caught my interest. I have aunts and cousins who do yoga, only for exercise, and encourage my mom and I to do it as well. My mom was hesitant and looked in to it more. Yoga is part of the Hindu religion. People have really secularized it and a lot of people not longer do it with meditation hence calling it just an exercise. But the moves you perform were created by the Hindus as ways to worship there gods. Also there have been people possessed after attending yoga classes just for exercise. I'm not trying to sound condemning or offensive, just throwing it out here. It *maybe* fine but my attitude is why take a chance?

(Also Christmas was not created to counter the pagan holiday)

Edited to add this link: http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=55332

Last edited:

Yes, I remember. I'm really sorry you had to go through that. :hugs

I don't know about it being the majority or not, but it's definitely a problem.

Uh what churches do that???
People dont associate halloween as dark? So then why do they dress up as dead people?

Back
Top Bottom