Prettiest chicken challenge.

Sunny, my Mille Fleur D'Uccle hen
Calendar girl.jpg

This is my Popcorn, a Booted Bantam. He is a one year old house rooster and I adore him. I have an outdoor flock but Popcorn prefers to live indoors with the humans.

He was a single surviving chick that hatched in the incubator from a bad batch of shipped eggs and he bonded with my family as his flock. When he was a chick and I realised he was a little roo I was going to sell him, but luckily I ended up keeping him and I couldn't imagine not having him around now.

His crowing is a bit of a nuisance because he does love to crow a lot, but it's all worth it when he comes and sits on my knee.

20190417791510398.jpg

20190202_105641.jpg

This is my Popcorn, a Booted Bantam. He is a one year old house rooster and I adore him. I have an outdoor flock but Popcorn prefers to live indoors with the humans.

He was a single surviving chick that hatched in the incubator from a bad batch of shipped eggs and he bonded with my family as his flock. When he was a chick and I realised he was a little roo I was going to sell him, but luckily I ended up keeping him and I couldn't imagine not having him around now.

His crowing is a bit of a nuisance because he does love to crow a lot, but it's all worth it when he comes and sits on my knee.

View attachment 1800413

View attachment 1800415
Popcorn is the winner to me :woot... simply gawgeous!!

Here is Ophelia (Barred Rock) and Penelope (Delaware). I got both from a local farm and they're the top chicks in their flock. Penelope has been caring for 2 BJG since day 1, she is 3 weeks older and she let's them sleep under her wings! She actually just protected them from a rat snake that killed my light Brahma (rip Sophia) two days ago! Ophelia is always whining like a teenager and you always know when she's mad at one of the other flock members. She sasses our hens all the time and challenges them constantly. The hens usually chase her around when she starts getting mouthy! Penelope I believe will be the top hen when they're older because the hens now don't even mess with her and allow her into their flock all day long. When the hens mess with the BJG, Penelope will go after the hens and she's only 5 weeks old, the hens are 6 months... I find Penelope quite impressive and beautiful!
IMG_20190603_113136~2.jpg

Henry Roo-Roo, the favorite cull who gets to run rooster coop. Black Silver Marans at 7 months.

sbm2.jpg

Current project group leader, he's a cool dude.
tlh1.jpg

Blue Silver Marans group, he'll be swapped for a black for the 2nd half of the year, got plenty of Splash babies from this group.
bbs3.jpg

A Twentse rooster, who inspired my project. The eggs from his matching ladies just wouldn't hatch, no matter what I did. He made a lot of neat hybrids for me though.

22549857_1912349512421172_8562467983377190868_n.jpg

F2 Olive Egger grouping. I'm not pursuing them, in favor of the other project, with the exception of good hens going back to pure Marans.
20180916_102543~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom