Prettiest HYBRID chicken show "ENDED"

Sorry, double post. Got too excited there!
tongue.png

Last edited:
My goodness. Some of these birds are much prettier and more intriguing than purebreds.

But I'm curious: are they reproducible? I mean, can you just repeat the breeding and make more, or is it basically a genetic crap shoot?

Quote:
what would you call the color of the first one?? i have several that color and don't know what to call it. some kind of partridge?

Quote:
what would you call the color of the first one?? i have several that color and don't know what to call it. some kind of partridge?

I do not believe the color has a name, though I could be wrong. It is almost a partridge, but not completely as it is missing the middle black stripe, yet it wouldn't be lacing as the black is once again surrounded by buff.

Quote:
That would all depend on the individual mutt, and the genes that are at play. I would say it is possible to breed another bird with the same appearance, but the genetic background would determine how easy, or difficult that would be. A recessive gene is easier to get past then an incomplete dominate one.

Back
Top Bottom