Prevention of COCCIDIOSIS and other poultry diseases in chicks~ ACV.

Here here! I agree! Backing you Sis!

Sista!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
hugs.gif
Was just thinking of you a few minutes ago...did you get that heart call?
big_smile.png
I love you to pieces, my dear friend, ya know that?
love.gif

How's every little thing in your world, BFF?
hugs.gif
I'm home for a snow day today. We didn't get anything but where I have to drive did............I'm fine Sis.......So ready for Spring.......birds singing and pretty green sprouting up everywhere. I love you!

I'm home for a snow day today. We didn't get anything but where I have to drive did............I'm fine Sis.......So ready for Spring.......birds singing and pretty green sprouting up everywhere. I love you!

White blessings from the sky! Now you get to stay home and relax a bit, huh? I'm so glad you are doing well and I'm with you....spring, lovely spring is in my dreams every day! Can't wait to do that BTE garden! Are you going to try that?

Yes! We'll have to really keep in touch and talk our way through it. I think it's a wonderful idea!

Yes! We'll have to really keep in touch and talk our way through it. I think it's a wonderful idea!

Yes, we will! I think it's exciting the God led us to the same garden method at the exact same time....as is usual for us, isn't it? For some reason God has connected our lives in such a way as I have never known with anyone before and it's simply delightful!

I plan to till the whole garden before laying down these chips, unlike the other people on the vid, but Paul, which put his down on already bare soil as well. We are also going to build a permanent garden fence for this so I can have some perennial plants in there and make it pretty. I'm more excited about this garden than I have been for any other garden I've ever done....I think God is especially blessing this one.

I plan to pretty soon, they are only about one week right now, we just got them sunday. I do have free range ladies out there so is there a certian age I should hold off for or does it matter? I haven't had chicks for 4 years so I don't remember everything I researched the first time.
Silverose, the sooner you get that sod to them, the better. That is, if they're eating their feed well. They have the highest antibody level from their mothers during the first 2 weeks after hatch, then it starts to decline.

It's here, LG...it's here. The very fact that this link has been up for almost a year now and this is the first comment I've had on it in a negative fashion speaks volumes and shows that progression towards suppression. I have had a few contact me via PM to thank me for posting it and to say they will pass it along, but this is the first "I'm offended" comment I've received. I'd venture to say that it's not out there causing any great harm to tender sensibilities and I have to weigh the discomfort of one against the need of many...and the film alone speaks of the great need for education on the subject.
I paid no attention to the date of the post. Saved the movie for later viewing. However, I find it interesting that everything is all about tolerance, only as long as you happen to be PC.

Silverose, the sooner you get that sod to them, the better.  That is, if they're eating their feed well.  They have the highest antibody level from their mothers during the first 2 weeks after hatch, then it starts to decline.

I paid no attention to the date of the post.  Saved the movie for later viewing.  However, I find it interesting that everything is all about tolerance, only as long as you happen to be PC.
ok thanks, I got some in there now :)

You are too kind!  :hugs  

I'm a nurse, so the medical field is a familiar battle ground for me....every month the AMA comes out with new studies on this or that that will negate the study results from the previous month.  It's all in cycles, sort of like fashion...if you wait long enough, they keep rolling around and being tagged "it' again.  First eggs are good, then they are bad, then good again but only if free range, but then they are bad again.  This food will interact with this drug one month, but new studies will find it doesn't but it can link to cancer if taken while standing on your head in the middle of a field full of land mines.

See how this works?  :gig

Because of this constant flow of information and studies, I always look back for the truth...back to when folks were eating healthier foods and lived to be in their 100s on nothing but pork fat, whole milk, fermented foods and fresh eggs~no drugs except headache powders.  :lol:   

Because more people are turning back to the old ways of eating and getting healthier because of it, the medical field must discredit these old diets...they see the danger of even one dollar escaping their coffers.  Raw honey is bad!  Vinegar~bad!  Eggs?  BAD.  Backyard chickens? Salmonella, shigella, e.coli!!!!  Vegetarian diet?  Won't get enough calcium for strong bones!!! (cows eat a vegan diet and have enormous, strong bones :rolleyes: )  Must eat red meat for calcium and protein in your diet, not veggies...NO, not red meat, it can cause cancer! 

I'm tired of studies and tired of the scare tactics of the pharmacy companies...they rule the medical field and all the advice therein, so when they say something is bad for you, you can bet it isn't.  If you are healthy, they make no money. 

My best advice to everyone is to throw away those drugs and get back to the basics....eat healthy foods straight from the farm, exercise more, go to bed early and wake up early, drink more water, turn off the TV and get some sunshine(throw out the sunscreen, it's another scare tactic).  Same for chickens...eat good, drink good, exercise much and the health will follow. TV and sunscreen is optional for the chickens, but I don't recommend either one.  :D

thank you so much for the laugh. I am pretty sure my chicks have coccidiosis. Been looking around for answers. And now i've found them. Not sure if all have been vaccinated or not. but do know some have (got from different locations) i know the benefits of acv for humans but didnt know that went to animals too. Now i gotta go find some braggs and try making my own.going to start them on it in the morning (AS IT IS CURRENTLY SNOWING HERE IN MICHIGAN yes on april 23.....) do you know of a way to disinfect the coop and run that is more natural. I really dont like the idea of harsh disinfectant. Any ideas please let me know. Oh yeah 2 chicks have died after i found bloody stool.but with 18 running around it was hard to pinpoint exactly what bird it was from. The first one got really weak and couldn't walk (had hubby put her down dont like any animal suffering.) The other i saw an hour prior she looked fine then found her dead... started researching found this post still reading through all the posts.

Back
Top Bottom