Prevention of COCCIDIOSIS and other poultry diseases in chicks~ ACV.

Have noticed that since I started putting ACV in the water, my chickens drink more. It could be coincidental because they're drinking more during the molt as well, but they really seem to be drinking more.
I have tried adding a bit of bragg's to a gallon of store-bought ACV. Still clear. The pantry is about 60-65 degrees. No window. I just re-read this thread, and found the apple juice suggestion. Thing is, the dang bottle is opaque plastic, so I can't tell if the mother vinegar is working or not. I poured some out into a Pyrex measuring cup and it was clear so I'm assuming the mother hasn't spread or whatever. It's been a long time, more than two weeks. Will the apple juice help at this point? Should I start over?
you can do apple juice but that takes even longer. this is what i do. i use 1 gallon glass canning jars.fill about 1/2 with apple cider vinegar with mother and 1/2 without. i then put in a dark closet wait 2-3 weeks. then i have a gallon of vinegar with a good thick mother. i take 1/2 of that gallon and pour in another gallon glass jar and add the acv without the mother and put that in a closet . now i have a 1/2 gallon to use while the other is ripening. then i just keep repeating the process. you can do the same thing in smaller amounts.
i just use a lot of the stuff.

So I mixed ACV from the store with ACV with the mother about 1-1/2 weeks ago and it has been in my pantry. It is starting to get a milky colored film on top of it. Is that the mother or something else? It doesn't smell rancid.

Quote: I use chicken or lamb, brown rice, ACV. I steam the rice, toss in the meat, ACV, and water. I let it ferment at least over night. I add left over or frozen vegies sometimes and sprinkel a bit of calf manna on top. I usually make enough for her to last two days. I am still not comfy fermenting meat for longer.

Back
Top Bottom