Private Message Limit

I was just thinking - it's not the limits that are a problem, it's that I didn't know how to lift them. What if you changed the message when a user hits their limit? Something like, "We see you haven't been interacting much in the forums. You get out of BYC what you put in, so for your sake (and to protect our members from spam) go out and interact and your message limit will be raised!"

goodpost.gif

Mine is doing the same thing. I've sent only one message today but the PM limit message popped up immediately. I guess I'll try to participate more but with my personality I tend to be more of a lurker
hmm.png
You'll be surprised at how easy it is to participate here, especially since there are forums for other things than chickens, like the "Random Ramblings" section or "Hobbies" or even "Other Backyard Poultry". You'll increase that post count in no time!
smile.png

I joined because I wanted to order some eggs this week from a couple different people,, I can not even finish discussing shipping about my order. very frustrating,,, to simply post randomly on the forum in order to speak to sellers regaring their eggs is frustrating. I do understand the reasoning,,, but the limit really needs to be lifted.

If it's for eggs or something, maybe you could post your contact info and explain that you have a PM limit?

For people having a problem with their birds, I think it's better to post a thread so that you can get info from multiple people. That way, if another member disagrees with the advice you are getting, they can tell you and give you their reasoning. It would help you make an informed decision. None of us know everything, but as a group we can do some awesome things and have really great discussions!

And welcome to BYC!!!

We're sorry that the PM limits are frustrating, but we've learned over the years that the pros outweigh the cons. It really isn't too difficult to participate in the community enough to get more PM privileges. In fact, many sellers will want to see that they are dealing with someone legitimate before selling to them, and having some post-history on the forum can definitely help with that.

Keep in mind, it's really not that hard to engage with the community in a meaningful way. There are hundreds of thousands of topics on BYC and IMO, anybody can find at least a few to post on and have fun in the process.

Frosty wrote:

If it's for eggs or something, maybe you could post your contact info and explain that you have a PM limit?

For people having a problem with their birds, I think it's better to post a thread so that you can get info from multiple people. That way, if another member disagrees with the advice you are getting, they can tell you and give you their reasoning. It would help you make an informed decision. None of us know everything, but as a group we can do some awesome things and have really great discussions!

And welcome to BYC!!!

x2 :)

And welcome to BYC!!!
Yes that is what I ended up doing,, explaining the post limit. And thankyou for the welcome!
And,, yes I can agree with you Nifty chicken,, I guess I am used to trolling for the information I need, because nearly any question I might have has been asked before. I have been a heavy visitor to this site,, just not a poster.

It shouldn't be hard to post a little bit more to get our system use to you as a real person and not a spammer. Surely there have to be a few topics on here you're interested in commenting on or even starting up yourself?

Back
Top Bottom