PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

I'm guessing since it ferments it releases gasses... since I use a plastic bottle it expands a little. I think I check it too often for it to explode. Either that or I don't fill it enough. Or the plastic is expandable enough.

I don't know thats why I'm asking you lol.
lol.png

Well thank goodness you haven't had to wash down your walls from an explosion...
smile.png
I'm wondering if I can use store bought kifer to make more or is it lacking in something?

Last edited:
Quote:
Andrea,
are you saying I"m old?
lol.png
I also get little chunky curds. I have been trying to culture them more recently, but haven't gotten anything like another grain yet. If you choose to try something, let me know how the experiment goes!
Ginny

Quote:
Miss Lydia,

Any additives are put in after the culture is finished. In the morning I put a banana in the blender (or other fruit, raspberries, blueberries, MY favorite, mango!) and blend. Ernie is much more adventurous. But anyway, you do not want to contaminate your culture and grow unwanted organisms.

Ginny

Quote:
Faetherbaby,
Indeed, you may be growing something unwanted in your culture.Have you made kefir before, or do you know what you are looking for? I would be very cautious about ingesting anything cultured from an contaminated source(read: I wouldn't eat it). Having voiced my opinion, you should defiantly contact the seller and get them replaced.
I do not warm the milk when making mine. Sometimes I just skim off the top and eat it. Then I jut some more milk on top and stir. YUM!
ginny

Back
Top Bottom