PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

Quote:
Yes Kefir may definitely be made with Goats milk! So if you have ready access to goat milk that is great! Also the bread looks just wonderful!

Mmmmmmmm Now you need a big block of cheese and your set LOL

Ernie

Oh my gosh that looks so good, would love the recipe as I am sure others would.
droolin.gif

Thanks Ernie for the info. not sure where to get RAW milk because all the smalley dairies are legally bound now. But high fat content I can do!
thumbsup.gif

Chikielady that looks fantastic, can't what till my mother is ready!
droolin.gif

Hey HenCackle, hi from over the mt. from you.....
frow.gif
Thanks for the link, I have been looking for someone who sell raw milk, hopefully this will work out. Blessing
yippiechickie.gif
Oh well spoke to soon their site is down,
sad.png

Last edited:
This thread just gets better and better
smile.png

I too would like the bread recipe pictured above!!
I really need to try searching harder for raw milk! I know there is a co-op of folks who go in on a group order from a dairy in SC. I've been hoping to get in with them. It's so "hush hush" everyone is scared of getting caught. Stupid law
roll.png

My original kefir grains have gotten huge! I'm returning all the curds to my milk hoping to grow more. Maybe I'll be able to ship some soon as well!

Ginny, love your new avatar!

This thread just gets better and better

I too would like the bread recipe pictured above!!
I really need to try searching harder for raw milk! I know there is a co-op of folks who go in on a group order from a dairy in SC. I've been hoping to get in with them. It's so "hush hush" everyone is scared of getting caught. Stupid law

My original kefir grains have gotten huge! I'm returning all the curds to my milk hoping to grow more. Maybe I'll be able to ship some soon as well!

Ginny - I am in Cedar Grove, NC (right next door) and I have been lurking on this thread. I just ordered some kefir grains from the kefirlady - should have them next week. I was thinking of starting out using the local Mapleview Farms milk, but would be willing to try some raw milk if you find a source.​

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/2007-12-01/Easy-No-Knead-Dutch-Oven-Crusty-Bread.aspx

Here
is another very interesting one:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx

I also love the easy mozerella recipe !

Now my question: Can Kefir be made gluten free ? With maybe Quinoa and Amaranth or Buckwheat ?

old.gif
I also forgot to mention, those who have allergies may have trouble with chicken eggs, and I found out those people can quite often eat duck eggs with no problems at all !
My frind has runner ducks for this very reason, and she talked me into hatching 18 eggs, BIG BLUE eggs !
Now, I have never hatched ducklets, so I hope I am doing it all OK...But my frind also mentioned the #2 good thing about ducks: They do not crow !!!
clap.gif

It is a perfect alternative for those who live in-city and would love fertile eggs, BIG eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom