PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

I love pickled eggs and beets, my Grandma who was Pennsylvania Dutch, always had some made when us Southerners would come for our 2 week vacation when I was a kid..

Hmmmmm 48 pages and 472 Post later you would think that the Keifer Krazies would have their own forum by Now! Well maybe when we reach 500 post that will probably be by tomorrow!

Ahhh as I sit here with my glass of Kefir Straight up preparing 2 packages of Kefir grains to ship out today and contemplating and wondering when!!

Ernie

Quote:
Guess what Miss Lydia...... I'm from Pennsylvania!!! Born and raised south of Pittsburgh. Relocated to Alabama for work. All my southern friends call my food "Yankee Food"!! We have tons of Dutch, Slovakian, German, & Irish dishes. Sometimes, all kind of blended together.
wink.png

I agree, we need a Kefir krazies thread !!!

Anyay, I've been trying to keep up with this topic but it is almost impossible !!! ('that's a good thing !!)
thumbsup.gif

So as I read the older posts I decided to cut and paste the kefir, kombucha, fermenting veggies and healthy topics in their own Word documents so I could sit back and read later as a bedtime story.
I got so far and at times forgot to save my work
he.gif
kcomputer froze up and lost some of my saved pages
barnie.gif

Anyway, I'm half way thru, by that time should have a book !!!
big_smile.png

So now I have a question that may have already been answered but like I said I'm only half way thru with all of the posts.

I bought a bottle of Raw Organic Kombucha from the fridge sedction at the Health Food store. It has green tea, spirulina and some blue mountain alge (I think that is what is wasw, don't have bottle handy)

Anyway, I saved a small amount of it and was wondering if I could start a mushroom with that. The girl at the store said some people have but she didn't know how?
Otherwise I will order some but my money tree has lost its leaves for the winter so starting on my own would be best for now.

Oh and I did buy the kefir grains from the same store and they came in small packets in a small box. Getting anxious to start all of these as well as yogurt and buttermilk.
I bought the container of dry buttermilk will that work?

Thanks guys for all of the info. You're getting me to start thinking about eating healther. I was into this bad habit of buying candy at the Fleet Farm everytime I went for supplies !!!
he.gif
Couldn't resist the markdown on the Red and Green M&M's. Now that they are gone I can start cleansing
thumbsup.gif
This ought to be a real shock to my system
That store just seemed to have an endless supply of those M&M's.

I have made yogurt years ago and I put homemade jelly in for the fruit. Plus I was thinking for the kefir I would flavor it with some frozen concentrated fruit juice without adding water. I drink alot of protien drinks (Body Fortress from Walmart) and was thinking of using the kefir instead of the Milk. Anyone ever try that??

So once I clear the fridge from excedss eggs it will turn into a probiotics heaven !!

Keep um coming !!!

Do different mushrooms have different amounts of probiotics????

Where is the best place to get Kombucha mushroom ie Price, Shipping, Quality?

Anyone have any for sale? I saw the ones on EBay and am tempted. They have diffent thicknesses, So you would just make smaller batch to begin with right??

Thanks

BTW where is everyone today??? I feel like I've stalled the thread:barnie Is it something I said?
hide.gif

Quote:
She must be just a baby, she hasn't opened her eyes yet. HA! I'm sure Kiki would like to meet her.....HAHAHAHAHA! (go back a few posts to #383 to see Kiki).

Good luck, mine is going great!

Last edited:
Welp just sent off 2 more batches of Kefir today and they are on there way!!

Kiki You will soon have relatives in N Carolina and Virginia!!! Yeaaaaaaaa!! Tell Kiki I said Hey!

Got the recepie today too in the mail
I will have to definitly have to try The bread!! Sounds Yummmmy

Thanks

Ernie

Quote:
How do we go about requesting they make this a "sticky" thread?

I shared my first "starter" with a friend today. Mine are growing like crazy and I won't miss the ones I put in her jar with some milk. She was very happy to get it.

Back
Top Bottom