PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

When I got my scoby, it was sealed in a ziplock bag with about 1/2 C of tea. This ziplock was neatly folded up and placed in another ziplock, which was neatly folded up and then wrapped in packing tape. This pack was then wrapped in tissue paper, then in bubble wrap, and then placed in a paper packed box and shipped. They packed my Kefir marbles the same way. The tape wrapped packs were a little hard to open, but no leaks at all.

Okay, since this thread has kind of turned into a general nutrition conversation, I have a question for those of you who bake bread using the nourishing traditions approach.

It seems that most of the recipes call for either using sprouted grains or sourdough. Is there any reason why you couldn't sprout whole wheat berries, dry and grind them and then use the sprouted wheat flour with a sourdough starter to make bread?

Would it be overkill, simply unnecessary, or would using sprouted wheat flour not be good for your starter?

Quote:
bow.gif
OH Thank you !!! Or how about Marbles ??
idunno.gif

Yea that does have kind of a Sweet ring to it
lau.gif
Hmmmmm Kefir Marbles
clap.gif
I wonder how the Caucasian Mountain Tribes would deal with that!!! Changing it to an Irish name! That would make them of Russian/Irish decent! Hmmmmm Kefir Whiskey for my friends on St Paddys day!!! LOL The New Probiotic Scotch

Ernie

It has finally dawned on me (days later) that Ernie's last name is marble ?

LOL so calling them marbles...oh never mind.
I thought Kefir "Pearls" was a good name too.
BTW where has Ernie been ?
I wanted to order but have not heard from ...
idunno.gif

It has occured to me also how good it would be to use the kefir to make Jello pudding, especially in a pie....it seems it would be more like a chees cake pie rather than plain pudding cream pie...anyone "see" ernie, tell him I awaite his paypal address to order...
jumpy.gif

Quote:
This is what I do. Spouting them make more b vits gets rid of the calcium blocker and makes the flour a bit sweeter. It is a lot of work, but I find it is worth it. I do not use it for my starter. I find white flour works best and I think of it like using white sugar to feed so many of our probiotics. If the rest of the flour is whole wheat I think it is fine. I recently came across a milk sour dough starter and am planing to try it with kefir. I will let you know how that turns out.

Quote:
Yea that does have kind of a Sweet ring to it
lau.gif
Hmmmmm Kefir Marbles
clap.gif
I wonder how the Caucasian Mountain Tribes would deal with that!!! Changing it to an Irish name! That would make them of Russian/Irish decent! Hmmmmm Kefir Whiskey for my friends on St Paddys day!!! LOL The New Probiotic Scotch

Ernie

It has finally dawned on me (days later) that Ernie's last name is marble ?

LOL so calling them marbles...oh never mind.
I thought Kefir "Pearls" was a good name too.
BTW where has Ernie been ?
I wanted to order but have not heard from ...
idunno.gif

It has occured to me also how good it would be to use the kefir to make Jello pudding, especially in a pie....it seems it would be more like a chees cake pie rather than plain pudding cream pie...anyone "see" ernie, tell him I awaite his paypal address to order...
jumpy.gif

Hi Ernie is here is here is here!!!! LOL Just been tryin to keep myself dug out of the snow that ernie has acquired here in the wonderful midwest!!!

Ernie

Hi My Kefir Krazies! BTW I feel very Honored to have the Kefir assume the name of Kefir Marbles! SO if that is what we wish then that is what it should BE! After This forum has really rocketed with the becoming HEALTHY Thing and keeping US and OUR flocks healthy thru the use of Probiotics! I have become amazed at how this forum has progressed and everyone involved have benefited and shared Ideas and Receipes!! KEEP UP all the efforts!

WE shall open the eyes of the world thru a few!!

BTW as to where I have been I been standin by the mail box waitin for my choclate cake from sandi and OH YEA my peach Ice Cream!!!!! LOL LOL
lau.gif
barnie.gif
droolin.gif

Live Long and Kefir

Ernie

hide.gif

I have a question.......newbie here

I got my kefir and have been adding milk and straining, etc. it has now multiplied - can I take a bit off and put it in a glass jar to give to someone to share? Do I need to do anything special? No mailing involved.
Thanks
and thanks for all the info on this thread,

Quote:
Nothing special when you are handing it to someone! The way I do it like that is take off how ever much (1/4 cup is good)p
Put about 3/4 of a quart of milk and a papertowel with a rubber band and hand it to them with directions on how to make it strain it and so forth

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom