PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

Quote:
Thanks Andrea
I am gonna give the meade a try and see how it comes out! Right now I have Dutch baby pancakes in the oven and trying them!!! OMG They smell wonderful I can hardly wait to try them Mmmmmmmmmmm! Next is going to be Sandi Choclate cake !!! Nothing better than a glass of Kefir and the smell of cooking dutch baby pancakes Made with Homemade kefir

Ernie

Quote:
Thanks Andrea
I am gonna give the meade a try and see how it comes out! Right now I have Dutch baby pancakes in the oven and trying them!!! OMG They smell wonderful I can hardly wait to try them Mmmmmmmmmmm! Next is going to be Sandi Choclate cake !!! Nothing better than a glass of Kefir and the smell of cooking dutch baby pancakes Made with Homemade kefir

Ernie

I don't know Ernie, some mead, kefir biscuits, some fermnted ginger carrots, folloew by Sandi's chocolate cake and a glass of kefir, might be better!! OH! and have the wood stove stoked and all the outside animals tucked in for the night!!!
Ginny

I have to tell ya'll my kefir has mellowed and I just drank about 16 oz. straight and it was good.. I will be trying diff. kinds of fruit for smoothies but the blueberries was tops so far..
droolin.gif
forgot to say Ernie your the Man!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Well if you think THAT'S GOOD.....Hold onto your sneakers. I just made Raisin Bran Muffins with my Keifer and I finished 4 of them before I realized I had to stop. I'll publish the recipe tonight when I have more time. Right now that 5th one is calling my name!

Quote:
I had a mad scientist moment and put it in my DH's coffee... Don't ever do that
sickbyc.gif

My hubby likes it in oatmeal and mixed with jello to make a whip

Quote:
I'll have to get that one then. I already have Nourishing Traditions.

I raise a lot of eyebrows among in-laws and some of my family members because I drink raw milk, eat butter instead of those RBD spreads
sickbyc.gif
, and have weird concoctions growing on what little counter space I have.
smile.png
I really wish our tiny house was large enough to have a real utility room where there's plenty of space to do more fermentations. A laundry closet just doesn't cut it.

Do you render lard too? I used to do it over a fire in the fall, but now I use a crock pot.

I was talking to a local grass farmer about the possibility of asking his other customers if they might be interested in starting a local WAP chapter, either for northeast TN or southwest VA. Do you have a chapter near you or get the WAP newsletter? I let my subscription lapse a couple of years ago when money got very tight and I just kept forgetting to renew it.

Lol. I know ALL about raising eyebrows!

My fiancée and I were both raised in the city, and five years ago we dropped everything to move out to the middle of nowhere and renovate an 1800's farm house on 11 acres. Our friends in the city think we're totally crazy. I'm the only 27 year old I know whose most exciting plan for the future is getting a milk cow! Luckily, our parents are very supportive.

We do have a local WAP chapter and I really want to join. I'm having the hardest time getting access to raw milk, and I'm hoping maybe through a local membership I would be able to get some leads. There are a few buying clubs based on nourishing traditions here who have milk trucked in from SC or PA but you have to be sponsered by a member. Its very frustrating.

I use the crock pot to render lard as well.

Quote:
I had a mad scientist moment and put it in my DH's coffee... Don't ever do that
sickbyc.gif

My hubby likes it in oatmeal and mixed with jello to make a whip

I ran low on fruit, sooo I mixed the Kefir with some chocolate syrup and my kids loved it.
droolin.gif
Since the Kefir was a little thick, it was kinda like a chocolate milk shake. I have some strawberry syrup also. It's pretty good that way too.

My oldest son refused to try it, but he loved the Kefir ice cream!! Now that he knows it was made with Kefir, he's trying it other ways too. He actually tried and liked the smoothies a couple days ago. But my DH.... now he refuses to try it and since he don't drink or eat very much milk or milk products... its going to be a harder sell for him.
fl.gif

I just mailed my sister some Kefir grains today. It's the first time I had enought to share with anyone. I think she will really enjoy it as much as we all do.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom