PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

Quote:
Oh no! What did you find out about agave? I use it all the time
hmm.png

My fiancée loves sweet tea. He will drink Bojangles tea all day long if I don't make mine for him. I add 5 packets of stevia and 1/4 C agave nectar per gallon of freshly brewed tea. The agave adds just the right amount of sweetness and a slight viscosity to the tea. He can't even tell it apart from regular. I would hate to think I can't use it anymore!

Xylitol is a natural sweetner.it's sugar alcohol naturally present in small amounts in various fruits and vegetables or from a corn sourse. says it's great for a sugar alternative for diabetics. Sounds like the perfect alternative for those who can't use regular sugar.

Just a warning on Xylitol. It kills dogs if they eat it, so make sure you keep it away from them, if you use it and have dogs.

I don't think I've ever heard anything bad said about stevia. Maybe because it's a natural product, instead of being created in a lab. I'm sure over time they'll figure out a way to do something bad to that, too.
lol.png

I have used Kefir in savory cooking as well. If you get the packets of ranch dressing spices, you can mix it with kefir to make a good veggie dip. I also use it in the final step of bake potato soup after it has been taken off the heat. A friend of mine adds it to her tomato soup and her lamb stew which is tomato based. She makes them normal and then after dishing her bowl, she adds a bit like sour cream.

Quote:
That's right I did hear it would kill dogs, so I wouldn't let my cats or chickens near the stuff either- just to be on the safe side!
Xylitol gum is good for people with lots of cavities.

Agave nectar is pretty much like high fructose corn syrup from what i've read, it's very processed.

Back
Top Bottom