PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

I tried the yogurt and my hens and roos love it!
D.gif

I wanted to thank Ukyou for the grains. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to using them. They arrived today and are in jars now.
I have to go read more about kombucha now, lol
Thank you so much!!!

Ukyou,
I made the red velvet cake with beets (with kefir instead of buttermilk, of course!). Didn't tell dh or ds. Best chocolate cake ever! Not very red though.....
Ginny

Quote:
I have been told the red showed through more before the coco was dutch processed. I found another recipe that the only difference was twice as much beets. That is next on my list for dessert.

hmm.png
I have only read 7 pages but I haven't found how much you feed to your hens a week/ I have 23 standard mixed breeds. I have given them about a cup and a half with dry oat meal. they loved it but I don't want to give them to much????

Quote:
Too much is when they start to get poopy butts. For my flock of 4 I do about 1/4 cup.

Quote:
I have been told the red showed through more before the coco was dutch processed. I found another recipe that the only difference was twice as much beets. That is next on my list for dessert.

I have read that too. Color is not that important...still an excellent cake and a great way to get beets into non-beet-eaters!! Let us know how double beets go,
giiny

Quote:
I feed about 3/4 Cup a day to 9 birds...they LOVE it!!!!!

Mine get about a quart of Kefir mixied in their food that is left over about 3 times a week and are going good! Their poop shows no signs of being runny or any ill effects
I have 13 hens and a roo
Ernie

OH BTW hi all and welcome all Newbies!!

Ernie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom