PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

I don't know about the yogurt either, but I did the same with the apple cider vinegar. I did 1/2 braggs 1/2 Stop 'n Shop frozen apple juice (made it) then let it sit. It has a nice mother in just a few days.

Do you think that you could use fresh organic cider (unpasteurized)? Or do you think I would grow something that would harm me? Do you use plain red wine or a specific variety for red wine vinegar? How would one do balsamic vinegar?

Quote:
The sticky question comes up every now and then but there is no answer!!!! Though I am not sure what a sticky is!!!!

The threads at the top of a forum that are "stuck" in place are stickies. It's where reference things usually are.

Quote:
Fresh organic cider would be the very best thing to use! The reason the rest of us w/out cheap access to that use frozen is specifically because it's no pasteurized. For the wine vinegar, I just used some wine I have had so long, I'm surprised it didn't turn into vinegar by itself! I don't think it matters what kind you use. As for Balsamic, I have no idea how to make that.

How exactly did you make the ACV, I would like to try because I use alot of it, 2 gallons a month actually, and it ain't cheap 20 bucks a gallon. but my 4 dogs 2 cats 3 horses and my chickens get it in there water at every change which is usually daily. I also take a ts. after each meal, my hubby and kids have to have to the pills the yuck factor is to much for them. hehehe Kim

Quote:
Basically you can just leave unpasteurized apple cider or apple juice (not bottled) out at room temp for 6 months and it turns itself.
The quicker way is to start with 1/2 acv raw unfiltered with the mother and 1/2 unpasteurized apple cider or apple juice (frozen is great) cover with a cloth and let sit for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom