Problem with newly hatched chicks please help :(

Well, I did end up taking him out. The other eggs were not pipped yet. The info made it seem that since it was bacterial that it could affect the others if the hatched on the infected areas.
sad.png
I put him in the brooder inside of his own basket. I dipped his beak in the nutrient rich water a few times and he seemed really be thirsty. Hoping he makes it somehow. This is the not - fun part of hatching. Thanks for the help. I will update in the morning.
1f64f.png

No it's not the fun part.
hmm.png
Hoping for good news in the AM
fl.gif

Well, I did end up taking him out. The other eggs were not pipped yet. The info made it seem that since it was bacterial that it could affect the others if the hatched on the infected areas.
sad.png
I put him in the brooder inside of his own basket. I dipped his beak in the nutrient rich water a few times and he seemed really be thirsty. Hoping he makes it somehow. This is the not - fun part of hatching. Thanks for the help. I will update in the morning.
1f64f.png
That is probably what I would have done as well. Just make sure he is under the light, and good luck!

Sorry for the late reply but unfortunately he didn't make it :( The 6 that hatched are doing well though. I got 5 females and one roo :) I'm hoping maybe my bad luck was because they were hatching eggs. The 4 that were still waiting to pip never did. I have about 50 that went I to the incubator on Thanksgiving Day. Those are for my son and came from his chickens which is where my first hatch came from when I got 39 out of 41. Fingers crossed! Thanks again for all the help :)

Back
Top Bottom