Problem with Nutrena Chicken Feed

Annie Losch

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 17, 2014
Hi,

I am a new member. The reason I sign up this sites is to inform you all members of backyardchickens.com not to buy 'NATUREWISE LAYER CHICKEN PELLETS ( new products).

Reasons : My pet chicken 'HENNY' was poisoned with this feed. On July 12 2014, my hen died suddenly with a seizure and follow by 2 hens was lethargic. I took them to the veterinary clinic the next day. This week confirmed with the diagnosed feed poisoning.

I tried out the Naturewise Layer Pellet Chicken feed for the first time because I thought to give my flocks nature and fresh feed. This turns out to be disaster!

Unfortunately , we don't have a Mill Store at northeastern, PA. The closest store was Tractor Supply. Purina have a recalled at one time. I am trying to find a fresh and nutritious feed for my flocks at this moment.

I heard Southern State poultry feed good review on this sites. Will it be okay to buy it?

I have to be careful and I don"t want to loss any of my birds to other feeds again!

Can you please give me a suggestions and advise to my post.

Thank you.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh I am so sorry!
hugs.gif
I am not familiar with either of these feeds, but you can post this in our Feeding and Watering your Flock for more info on the Southern States feed...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/12/feeding-watering-your-flock

I hope you can find a good feed for your hens.

Thank you for the warm welcoming.

I hope some chickens expert out there can advice me what brand of poultry feed that are fresh and safe to feed to my flocks after the bad experienced.:(

I have been feeding a organic non gmo feed from Manna Pro. Expensive, but the birds are doing so well on it. They love this feed and so do I. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! Sorry about the loss of HENNY. Blue Seal Feed and Kent Feed are also excellent feeds. Good luck with the rest of your flock.

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington! In our flock we have great people and it is always great to have a new member:) In our flock, we have no pecking order!

frow.gif

I am sorry about that.
hugs.gif
I do not use Nutrena, but a local grain.

Back
Top Bottom