Announcement Progressive Web App - Mobile Phone

Can you go take a few quick pictures with your new phone so I can see how bad the camera is? 😆
Sorry to report it really is bad. It doesn't handle movement at all. Hopefully they will fix it with a software update, maybe raise the shutter speed. I think it will be fine for still photos. I rescued a couple of fails from the trash to show you, plus a few I kept. I'm not happy with the eye sharpness of the red hen with the barred rock. In the last photo she was standing still. This phone camera won't be replacing my mirrorless camera.

20240205_180531.jpg
20240205_180519.jpg
20240205_180335.jpg
20240205_172728.jpg

Sorry to report it really is bad. It doesn't handle movement at all. Hopefully they will fix it with a software update, maybe raise the shutter speed. I think it will be fine for still photos. I rescued a couple of fails from the trash to show you, plus a few I kept. I'm not happy with the eye sharpness of the red hen with the barred rock. In the last photo she was standing still. This phone camera won't be replacing my mirrorless camera.

View attachment 3743016View attachment 3743021View attachment 3743022View attachment 3743017
No way! I thought it had a bad arse camera! I was totally joking when I said "bad."

The PWA is a white background icon vs the blue icon of the store app,

View attachment 3742575
Is there any other way of telling what you are actually using?
I was part of an earlier thread on this and with @Kiki’s help I stumbled my way to maybe using the PWA.
I am on an iPhone.

What I believe may be the PWA has a black background. Bottom left in this screenshot.
IMG_5628.png

And what I am reasonably sure is the App Store app I downloaded originally has a pale blue background. Again, bottom left.
IMG_5629.png

Both are a bit glitchy but the glitches are different so I sometimes resort to using both!

I would love to know if I am indeed using the PWA or just a different version of the App Store app.

Is there any other way of telling what you are actually using?
I was part of an earlier thread on this and with @Kiki’s help I stumbled my way to maybe using the PWA.
I am on an iPhone.

What I believe may be the PWA has a black background. Bottom left in this screenshot.
View attachment 3780844

And what I am reasonably sure is the App Store app I downloaded originally has a pale blue background. Again, bottom left.
View attachment 3780845

Both are a bit glitchy but the glitches are different so I sometimes resort to using both!

I would love to know if I am indeed using the PWA or just a different version of the App Store app.
The black background is what my PWA looks like.

This was reassuring

And this got me totally confused! Those two look the same to me and not like either of the things I have. Well close, but what is with the white background?!
It's an Android thing.
The icon on an Android
Screenshot_20240324-165021.png
Screenshot_20240324-165033.png
phone screen:

The blue one is not.
Notice when you first open the PWA...this is shown:
Screenshot_20240324-165201.png

Back
Top Bottom