Prolapsed penis?

I’ve just noticed my drake’s penis is hanging out slightly after mating, I noticed it maybe 15 minutes ago and it hasn’t gone back in yet. Should I be worried? How long does it usually take to retract and what’s the best thing to do if it is a prolapse?
Let him in a kiddie pool to cool his Penis off and clean it..

Drakes actually do best breeding on water. My Call Drake prolapsed his Penis breeding on dry land so it never went back in. I had to cut off the black dead tissues and now he can breed again. Took 2 months before I took the plunge and removed the dead tissue. He is fertile and breeds. I have hatched 14 Ducklings since his fix...

Drakes actually do best breeding on water. My Call Drake prolapsed his Penis breeding on dry land so it never went back in. I had to cut off the black dead tissues and now he can breed again. Took 2 months before I took the plunge and removed the dead tissue. He is fertile and breeds. I have hatched 14 Ducklings since his fix...
I’m just really worried because things I’m reading say if it gets infected it can be fatal. He does always breed on water as they’ve got a big pond, hopefully he’ll be ok :/

Back
Top Bottom