Proper dosage of Duramycin 10?

What I can't figure out is how to get the right amount for A chicken?! My hen certainly isn't going to drink a gallon of medicated water 2x daily. Am I missing something here or does this info seem to be all about treating a flock rather than a single sick chicken? I suppose you could just do the math for a lesser amount of water but also how are you all measuring by the mg?
One tablespoonful (3 tesapoonsful) per gallon of water is the ratio that is needed--whatever amount you want to give your hen in a day is fine. If she drinks a quart a day, use 1/4 of a tablespoonful. The next day if she drinks less that that, mix 1/8 of a tablespoonful per pint. Chickens will drink more in hot weather than in winter, so the dosage will vary during times of year. Also, sick chickens will not drink well usually, so oral dosing may work better.

I was wondering the same thing about the withdrawl period for eggs. The package says not for use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption.

Hi Kathy, if you level the tablespoons it's just shy of 20.
Thanks, that's very helpful! So with your tablespoon and your bag of Duramycin, 800 mg = ~1.6 tablespoons

This is why:
One bag makes 12.5 gallons, so it's 20 / 12.5 = 1.6 tablespoons per gallon

Thanks for your help! FWIW, with my tablespoon it was 18 per bag, so I would use 1.5 tablespoons per gallon. 1.5 or 1.6, either way is fine.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom