Proper dosage of Duramycin 10?

VetRx is just Vicks Vaporub for birds. Has no real medicinal properties. Good for smothering scaley leg mites and shining up the legs, etc, but will not cure any respiratory illness/infections. I think it's just a feel good formula.
Thank You for your reply!

VetRx is just Vicks Vaporub for birds. Has no real medicinal properties. Good for smothering scaley leg mites and shining up the legs, etc, but will not cure any respiratory illness/infections. I think it's just a feel good formula.
Thank You for your reply!
ugh that sux, I was really hoping this would help. Thanks!!

Thank you for you reply Kathy! about 8-lbs. he is a light sussex. He was probably about 15- lbs, but has lost a lot of weight and mass. I have been giving him Corid for 3-days. he has perked up a little. His comb has been pale, but now th tips of his comb have turned blue or black, He is close to 2-yrs old.
Thank You again!

Terry
You could try tubing the medicated water. Let me know if you want to learn how to tube.

-Kathy

Yes, that is what I planned to do. I'm good at tubing. I was just wondering if there was a preferred dosage. Using the waterer mixture and estimated amount a chicken will drink daily would mean I would have to tube numerous times a day. And it would be quite a bit of water down the hatch. I could mix it with some baby bird food, however I think all of the nutrients in the baby bird food might kill the antibiotic. I have the Duramycin and have ordered Baytril 10.

Yes, that is what I planned to do. I'm good at tubing. I was just wondering if there was a preferred dosage. Using the waterer mixture and estimated amount a chicken will drink daily would mean I would have to tube numerous times a day. And it would be quite a bit of water down the hatch. I could mix it with some baby bird food, however I think all of the nutrients in the baby bird food might kill the antibiotic. I have the Duramycin and have ordered Baytril 10.
I think the dose is 30-60 mg/kg no less than twice a day.
http://avianmedicine.net/content/uploads/2013/03/09_therapeutic_agents.pdf

One gram = 55 mg tetracycline
One teaspoon weighs about 3.3 grams = 181.5 mg

Does that help?

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom