Proper dosage of Duramycin 10?

I am treating with duramycin...how long do I leave meds in water? Do I change every day and remediate or one day? Thanks
Probably best to make fresh daily and keep the waterer in the shade. How long? If it's working, I would say 2-3 days past cessation of symptoms.

-Kathy

So you keep supplying the medicated water for multiple days until symptoms are gone and then 21 days after that to withdraw eggs?
thanks

https://www.drugs.com/vet/duramycin-10.html
Duramycin-10

This page contains information on Duramycin-10 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
  • Duramycin-10 Indications
  • Warnings and cautions for Duramycin-10
  • Direction and dosage information for Duramycin-10
Duramycin-10

This treatment applies to the following species:
Manufacturer: Durvet
TETRACYCLINE HYDROCHLORIDE SOLUBLE POWDER
For use in drinking water for swine, calves and poultry.
antibiotic

Each pound contains 25 g of tetracycline hydrochloride activity.
This package contains 10 g of tetracycline hydrochloride activity.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
NADA 65-140, APPROVED BY FDA
Restricted Drug (California) - Use only as directed.
Mixing Instructions: 6.4 OZ WILL MAKE:
100 gal containing 100 mg of tetracycline hydrochloride/gal
50 gal containing 200 mg of tetracycline hydrochloride/gal
25 gal containing 400 mg of tetracycline hydrochloride/gal
12.5 gal containing 800 mg of tetracycline hydrochloride/gal
Directions For Use

Medicate at first clinical signs of disease or when experience indicates that the disease may be a problem.
Prepare fresh solutions at least once a day; solutions are not stable for more than 24 hours. Use as a sole source of tetracycline. Deliver the recommended dosage level in divided doses. Diagnosis should be reconsidered if improvement is not noticed within 3 days. The concentration of drug required in medicated water must be adequate to compensate for variations in the age and class of animals, feed consumption and environmental temperature and humidity, each of which affects water consumption.
Special directions for baby calves and baby pigs: Administer this product 1 hour before or 2 hours after feeding milk or milk replacers. Provide clean (unmedicated) drinking water at all times.
NOTE: This product is to be administered twice a day in the drinking water of swine, calves and poultry. One-half of the recommended daily dosage level of antibiotic is to be consumed during each administration period, thus providing the drug in divided doses.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
FOR CALVES: INDICATIONS

RECOMMENDED DOSAGE LEVEL
Control and treatment of bacterial enteritis (scours) caused by Escherichia coli;bacterial pneumonia associated withPasteurella spp., Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Klebsiella spp. susceptible to tetracycline hydrochloride.

Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon to provide 10 mg/pound of body weight per day in divided doses. (Administer for 3-5 days.)
FOR CHICKENS: INDICATIONS

RECOMMENDED DOSAGE LEVEL
Control of chronic respiratory disease (CRD air sac disease) caused byMycoplasma gallisepticum and Escherichia coli, infectious synovitis caused byMycoplasma synoviae susceptible to tetracycline hydrochloride.

CRD AIR SAC DISEASE: Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of 400-800 mg tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon per day. INFECTIOUS SYNOVITIS: Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of 200-400 mg tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon per day. (Administer for 7-14 days.)
FOR TURKEYS: INDICATIONS

RECOMMENDED DOSAGE LEVEL
Control of infectious synovitis caused byMycoplasma synoviae; bluecomb (transmissible enteritis, corona viral enteritis) complicated by organisms susceptible to tetracycline hydrochloride.

INFECTIOUS SYNOVITIS: Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of 400 mg tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon per day. BLUECOMB: Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon to provide 25 mg/pound of body weight per day in divided doses. (Administer for 7-14 days.)
FOR SWINE: INDICATIONS

RECOMMENDED DOSAGE LEVEL
Control and treatment of bacterial enteritis (scours) caused by Escherichia coli;bacterial pneumonia associated withPasteurella spp., Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Klebsiella spp. susceptible to tetracycline hydrochloride.

Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon to provide 10 mg/pound of body weight per day in divided doses. (Administer for 3-5 days.)

1084049_arrow_left_04.png

Warning

Do not slaughter birds or swine for food within 4 days of treatment or calves within 5 days of treatment. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. Not for use in turkeys or chickens producing eggs for human consumption. Do not use for more than 5 consecutive days in swine and calves, or 14 consecutive days in birds.

Has anyone given Duramycin 10 orally? If so at what dosage and intervals? I have a sick Roo who will not drink the waterer mixture. I even put a pinch of strawberry or cherry jello in it to make it more palatable.

Has anyone given Duramycin 10 orally? If so at what dosage and intervals? I have a sick Roo who will not drink the waterer mixture. I even put a pinch of strawberry or cherry jello in it to make it more palatable.
I think you would have to give it twice a day, but I'm not sure what the dose would be. How much does he weigh?

-Kathy

Thank you for you reply Kathy! about 8-lbs. he is a light sussex. He was probably about 15- lbs, but has lost a lot of weight and mass. I have been giving him Corid for 3-days. he has perked up a little. His comb has been pale, but now th tips of his comb have turned blue or black, He is close to 2-yrs old.
Thank You again!

Terry

I had issues today with duromycin but it was with our new pullets. What about giving him VetRX? It's for upper respiratory and other issues, prevention.
Good luck I hope little guy gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom